fishing gear

bignev

hi guys just went out and bought a Uglystick gold 3-6kg with a Shimanno sierra 4000FD spooled with 4.5kg Platil braid and 12 lb Black magic Fluro carbon leader wondering if this is sufficent for catching Bream Flathead whiting etc

hi guys just went out and bought a Uglystick gold 3-6kg with a Shimanno sierra 4000FD spooled with 4.5kg Platil braid and 12 lb Black magic Fluro carbon leader wondering if this is sufficent for catching Bream Flathead whiting etc

yes.

The above post isn't too much help. But honestly if its bream, whiting, flathead, you are after, I would consider downsizing your line size to say 6 pound, rod weight to 2 to 5 kg and reel size to a 2500 size.

With leaders you can always change the poundage, say 12 for flathead if you want to compensate for their teeth perhaps,

And 4-6 for Bream and whiting perhaps.

Help that helps

The above post isn't too much help. But honestly if its bream, whiting, flathead, you are after, I would consider downsizing your line size to say 6 pound, rod weight to 2 to 5 kg and reel size to a 2500 size.

With leaders you can always change the poundage, say 12 for flathead if you want to compensate for their teeth perhaps,

And 4-6 for Bream and whiting perhaps.

Help that helps

I agree. Your combo is defiantly on the heavy side. It wouldn't be any fun fighting the fish as they would be just winched in!!