Last fish for 2011

squidboy

Just want to start by wishing all you fellow Raiders a fantastic new year. I hope you all get those inking squid, spooling kings and snapping snappers. Also enjoy tonight and be safe.

Ok, yesterday I was itching for a fish and with this weather I have not had the opportunity to go outside. Took my wife to a local spot in the harbour and set some fresh squid out into the deep. After about forty minutes my wife pulls up this baby jewie. I was a little surprised with the amount of cruise boats and people prtying with loud music even to get one jew. I have to thank the boat who drove so close to the shore line he took about 100m of braid and my rig. I wasnt happy but I exected some inexperienced boaties on the water at this time of the year. The boat was not more than 5 meters off the shore line. In any case, I am happy that I did not lose my rod and reel.

We fished the change of tide at 7:30pm last night and got home by sunset. It was a beautiful windy afternoon but definitely worth it. We used fresh squid stripes on a 5/0 cirlce hook with a large sized snapper sinker. Fish was let to run for about 5 seconds before the bait runner drag was set to fight. My wife loved pulling in this little fish. Due to her bad back, it took a little longer, but she had that fishos smile on her face the whole time she was fighting the fish patiently. Not a huge fish by any means, but for a quite stroll down to the harbour, it was definitly worth the outing. :yahoo:

Well that is it for 2011 and I am looking forward for some 2012 lower swells. By the way, I used the Tapatalk iPhone program to do this report and it works a treat. First post using this technology. I might try doing one from the water next time.

Happy New Year

Squidboy.3aa3afb3-3298-414c.jpg

Edited by squidboy

Good work, Sqiddlies. I also went out yesterday morning for a quick fish and to try out my new Gopro camera. Got two downs and landed one fish. The blackfish must have gone away for the Christmas Holidays. Camera works pretty good. Need to work on the fisheye effect with the wide angle lens though.

Have a good and safe New Years Eve. See you all in 2012. Hopefully!!!

I have past on the message to squid girl to post her own reports. She is still talking about landing that fish to all her friends.

Now back to the BBQ and more refreshments for me as I watch all the boaties on the water

Happy new year fellow raiders!!!