Lake Lyle

Bit of a late post but on wednesday i headed to lake Lyle for the day hoping to bend a rod with a trout or two. After a hour and a half trolling with the down riggers with not even a touch i decided to change tactics and try for some bass. It turned out to be a great move as i hooked 7 fish, landed & released 6 with 2 small ones being under 20 cm, the others being 35, 38, 39 & a nice fat 42cm horse. All fish were caught on tN60's slow rolling them. sorry no pics as i am having trouble getting them off my phone.

lyell bass are on steroids they pull like freight trains, no wonder when you look at them their like soccer balls almost as high as they are long. good going lyell is a dam of many casts, arn't they all? plenty of food in there at the moment with the water levels topp'n 90+ the gudgeons have exploded, main food source for all fish in lyell match the hatch. illegal to catch and use as bait, fisheries are up their all the time checking shore and boat based anglers. top effort fishermandan123.

Guest hawkesbass

For your photos if you have a iphone get a app called tapatalk can upload photos straight to fishraider when you post through tapatalk good size bass by the way

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I don't have a I phone or android but i do have to get a new phone now as i dropped it on sat and cracked the screen. I will have to start taking my old 3.2mp camera with me on trips again, i will just keep it in my tackle box. I went back two weeks ago not to fish just a weekend away with the mrs, the water was lapping at the edge of the spillway so now it must be back at 100%

Regards Dan.