blessed again last marlin for 2011

brickman

full report later raiders but just a heads up troll for 7 hours yesterday worked the light blue water from deewhy to the 12 mile picked up a solid stripe just north off the 12 mile on the smallest skirt we had out orange and light green 6inch we also had a fresh bonito out that was'nt touched get out there cheers gary

Edited by brickman

with a long wait for the right conditions to head out for marlin new years eve was the day we started at 5.00am and trolled from north head to bluefish looking for bonito for skip baits picked up a few around the corner off blue fish and set the plotter for the sydney fad it was very sloppy and only going 9kn we set the skirts early and trolled there we then set the plotter for a mark we had pick up 3 marlin at last seasion [450 meters deep off monavale] the conditions were very sloppy trolling into the swell was hard work and i'm glad we have a cuddy cab with clears there were patches off light blue water every were and with temps at 23 to 23.9 i tought this was going to be a good day we worked the area for 3 hours for zip not even a strippy well time to change plans filled the tank up with fuel changed two lures set the plotter fot the 12 mile and headed south working the edges off the light blue patches thinking we might not even turn a reel 1/2 a k north off the 12 mile i hear the snap off the rubber band on the out rigger and the sound we all lovezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz no time to clear the spread with half the line gone time to chase the marlin did a few jumps and went deep after 15min we got the rest off the lures in and gimbled up 20 minutes into the fight i could see him on the surface that was quick i thought so i gloved up well that was a silly idea this marlin was far from spent he played every dirty trick in the bookgetting under the boat doing u turns at one point i thought he had spat the hooks but he heades straght up and jumped within 2 meters behind the boat what a rush an hour pasted and we were getting no were with this fish every thing we would get back he took with ease we had him in sight under the boat at least 20 times but he just peeled off 50 meters straight down and we would start all over again after 1 hour 20 min.he was taking shorter runs and starting to tire but still straight up and down bloddy hard work keeping this fish on the one side 1 hour 45 min.i traced the beast and had him boatside what an epic battle 6 pics and he swam free he did'nt need much reviving he was biting my hand from the get go and the tail was working while we got the pics

that was the longest marlin fight i had seen and watching my mate get to the point off being beaten by a fish was golden pics to come in a few days when neil recovers and brings the camera over cheers gary

Very nice Gary and good pics.

I reckon the problem with Marlin is once you start fishing for em and catch one its all you want to fish for after that. :biggrin2:

Heading out to 12 mile in the morning to give it a go but a bit short on game gear and we all know what that means = marlin strike on an eggbeater :1yikes:

Cheers

Mike