NYE Bonito , Rats & fireworks

hornets

A great afternoon & evening with the family. We were out on the bay at 330pm & straight out the heads & turned north to troll some bibbed & skirts. It has been quiet for the kids of late with the bonito . My 10yo was first on a bibbed which I took as rat which woke him up quickly as they didnt take any tablets & it was sloppy. He wasnt quick enough & the hooks didnt take . The next the same with the 8yo he did the same giving it to much slack & lost it. I took the next a a kingfish pink jet head & pulled in a little 60cm model . The fight was on with boys to put it back . We turned around at little bay & came back . The same halco gold went off every couple of minutes & finally the boys were back onto bonito everywhere. We quickly pulled in 3 & headed in at 530pm to find a spot for the fireworks.

It was quite cool at brighton & we anchored up & waited for the 9pm fireworks . They didnt disappoint with the spectacular right in frot of us with plenty of room, eating smoked salmon. They outlasted the fireworks in the harbour & went for 17mins . I am glad that i didnt have to pay for it out of my rates . Sorry for all in rockdale council. No photos as my canon stuffed up . Does anyone have one of those water proof cameras that the guys have been posting on youtube . I think it is a GOPRO or some thing like that as I wont repair as it is cheaper thease days to but new. Last time the $900 canon was $350 to repair & I saw the same new for $300 . Happy New Year. Adam

Good to see a few bonito coming back on ,

Glad you and the kids had fun,

I think the benifit of those go pro cameras is that you can mount them or wear them so your hands are free to fish (i dont have one but im looking into it)

I have a waterproof camera at the moment (panasonic lumix ft2 ) takes good pics above and below water and records in Hi def.

I think olympus makes a similar one.

They are a good investment

happy new year

Morgs