My Chrissy persent to myself!

outdoordan

Acording to my family, I'm mad. But i couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I wanted an outfit mainly to spin for big Mulloway off breakwalls and during floods, but also be able to throw lures at kings off the stones. The combo had to be light enough to cast for extended periods but capable of fishing a genuine 50lb.

Its a pretty big ask of of any tackle to fish drag pressures in excess of 10kg, especially in a 9ft spin rod!! But i think i fit the bill nicely. Though, with very little change out of 2 grand, you would expect to be happy.

post-1572-074339600 1325382194_thumb.jpg

I decided on a 2010 model Saltiga 5000 with 4.4:1 ratio

post-1572-017107200 1325382667_thumb.jpg

And a limited edition Xzoga, Taka Pi 9025. It is 9ft, rated for PE 5-6 and 12kg max Drag!!

post-1572-030462600 1325382948_thumb.jpg

So what do you reckon? Am i mad or just a tackle junkie?

Happy New Year!!

Guest twitchie(U-Make-Em )

HI Dan .

You won't be the first to spend money on good tackle and won't be the last .most keen fishos are a little O.C.

Good on ya Dan - I always buy my own Xmas present - I wrap it up & put it under the tree with a card on it from Keith, then I open it in front of him on Xmas Day - I figure one of us should get a surprise!!! Usually it is a fishy present - this year, it was a beautiful locally made ukukele (well, almost local - Wingham) all mad out of Aussie Native Timbers & a joy to play!! Next year, I should be back to Fishy things again! biggrin2.gif

Hope you catch & land MANY biggies on it! thumbup.gifyahoo.gif

Cheerio

Roberta

Good on ya Dan - I always buy my own Xmas present - I wrap it up & put it under the tree with a card on it from Keith, then I open it in front of him on Xmas Day - I figure one of us should get a surprise!!! Usually it is a fishy present - this year, it was a beautiful locally made ukukele (well, almost local - Wingham) all mad out of Aussie Native Timbers & a joy to play!! Next year, I should be back to Fishy things again! biggrin2.gif

Hope you catch & land MANY biggies on it! thumbup.gifyahoo.gif

Cheerio

Roberta

I'm planning to do a road trip up your way and beyond for the mullet run. Hopeully i'll get a chance to put a serious curve in my new gear. I'll let you know before hand and hopefully we can catch up for a beach worm or a fish. I might even bring the guitar up for a jam.

Cheers