Pumicestone Passage 23/6

Ken A

Love your work.

I was surpised last time I had a good look to see that most of bream teeth are grinding teeth, not chomping teeth. They must eat a stack of shelfish. Anyone noticed a preponderance of shellfish in bream guts?

What sort of shelfish would they chow on? Maybe that is why they love oyster racks.

Guest Jocool

Nice fish Ken! Whats the score for Spock?

Hey Spanker...Wait till you see a bream actively feeding on oysters! Its bloody amazing! It suprised the hell out of me and Sputnik when we first heard it...So bloody LOUD! :1yikes:

I got 4 or 5 more after you left including a 37cm fish with a grand total of 22 for the day. The wind got worse, my back got worse the fish got bigger & I left them biting.

Theres at least 2 old pots on the bottom & they have claimed several SX-48's over the last 3 days. Weather looks bad this weekend :thumbdown: I was going to sneak a late arvo session but with SE wind forget it.

Guest Jocool
Theres at least 2 old pots on the bottom & they have claimed several SX-48's over the last 3 days.

54523[/snapback]

Time to break out the wetsuit and pull em out Ken! :1prop:

Theres at least 2 old pots on the bottom & they have claimed several SX-48's over the last 3 days.

54523[/snapback]

Doesn't that just nark 'ya?

Nearly lost an SX40 to a crab net at the Hawkesbury social. Luckily I was able to pull the net up off the bottom and retrieve my lure.

I'm yet to give my "spock" a run but judging on your results Ken, I shouldn't have any problems scoring a fish or three.

Great pics too by the way. :biggrin2:

cheers Hooky

Over the last 10 days I have tried every colour & taken fish on every colour. Light colours on light days & vice versa is showing to be pretty true. The 313 colour (Mr Spock :1naughty: ) seems to have the edge slightly over the 306 in SX-40's & in SX-48's the 307 & 306 are my favorites & Bob has been doing very well on 301.

I just give them 1 turn of the handle then a short pause then another turn etc. Sometimes a slow continous retreive is the go. Just vary it until you find what's working.

I just give them 1 turn of the handle then a short pause then another turn etc. Sometimes a slow continous retreive is the go. Just vary it until you find what's working.

54545[/snapback]

Thanks ken, all i need now is the wind and rain to stop---- wind will do!