news years day PB flattie

gazza0878

Hey raiders

Went down narrabeen lagoon today and got this nice 77cm flattie on soft plastic which was released to fight another day.

I'm happy as its my biggest to date on soft plastic and my new years resolution is to always up my Pb flattie so done that day one of 2012.

Now to get that metre lol.

The lake was actually very quiet only got the 77cm and a 36cm. to many people out on the water do stupid things in boats.

post-15391-087255000 1325413391_thumb.jpg

post-15391-081881200 1325413409_thumb.jpg

Hi there

Yes i was land based and i only use soft plastics these days in the lake mainly so i don't catch those little pesky bream which there are thousands of them.

You do have to put alot more effort in working the lure but i feel the rewards do come eventually and i had been getting a fair few big flatties in the lake on them, but it has got fairly quiet of late sept to november is best before school holidays, then late feb to may. If you do have time tho freshly caught poddy mullet are the gun bait in the lake. Ive seen some bigger ones caught on them but i never have time to collect them. hope that helps.

Awesome catch!!! Have been fishing narrabeen a bit lately n got nothing but tiny bream. Were u land based? And are soft plastics better for flatties or can the same result be achieved by using bait?