Disaster repairs all done!

Yarraone

Well if you read my last report on what a disaster my trip turned out to be, You might like to know how it is all going? Last report HERE..

Well, the repairs have been done and not bad at all if I do say so myself.. :thumbup:

Here are a few Pics....

Repairs all under way....Day 1

post-6381-061525500 1325656683_thumb.jpg

After the undercoat....

post-6381-012947100 1325656703_thumb.jpg

All done and waiting for the top coat to dry...

post-6381-014693300 1325656771_thumb.jpg

post-6381-071879400 1325656786_thumb.jpg

post-6381-044886800 1325656798_thumb.jpg

So now all I have to do is re run the wiring and make some cash to get down to Sydney on a good day :thumbup: Thanks to everyone for all your concerns..

Nice job once again, watching your previouse posts with that boat & trailer its hard to beleive one person could have so much bad luck. But in return looking at the repairs your doing your outfit just keeps on improving!

I was looking for you on the Harbour on Monday, only to see your disapointment when you posted it.

Is the new piece of steel galvanised?

Musty

No it is not galvanised as I hate galvanised steel as it hides the rust within... as per the problem in the first place.. this piece has been rust proofed and then painted with a metal chrome paint..

Nice job once again, watching your previouse posts with that boat & trailer its hard to beleive one person could have so much bad luck. But in return looking at the repairs your doing your outfit just keeps on improving!

I was looking for you on the Harbour on Monday, only to see your disapointment when you posted it.

Thanks Brett, I guess that is what you get when you buy second hand... You never know what you get under the paint.. I will be building a new trailer from scratch this year.. :thumbup:

Yeah mate(LeoB) I am pretty happy with how it all turned out.. Repairs cost under $100 cause I did it myself..The tow truck home was $300 though :ranting2: .. But cant wait to test her out maybe tomorrow out to the local dam for a test :thumbup:

Like you Sean, I have to travel from the mountains. Call me paranoid, but I check all the bits before I go on a trip as well. I also keep a spare set of bearings and grease and tools in the boot of the car just in case. I travelled down to Bendalong over Christmas and I was quite wary of everything. I stopped and did the walk around the trailer. I dunno, I've just got this phobia about the bearings going.

Deek