Bay starting to show signs of life again

quintrex480

Been a while since I've posted anything, but just recently been able to get out on the water again due to the birth of my daughter.

Been out in the bay a couple of times this past week and it's good to see signs of life again with boils starting again. Still haven't landed a legal king this summer yet, just a couple of rats but hopefully in the next week or so, water temp is hitting 22-23 degrees and we all know what that means :thumbup:

But here are some pics of some recent catches, first session was Monday 2nd, ended up with a tally of 13 bream, biggest going 40cm, did anyone end up lining up back at the ramp for about 45 minutes? that day was crazy, couldn't believe the number of boats out there :biggrin2:

Went out again this arvo, knowing that a big southerly was going to be blowing around 5, I had about 1.5 hrs to be as productive as can be, and ended up with 4 breams and 3 nice size flatties. And right on cue, the howling initially started from the rocket launchers and then it started pelting down! quickly packed up and gunned it back to the ramp, and it was blowing a gale!!!

post-16665-048226100 1325674717_thumb.jpg

post-16665-027298500 1325674755_thumb.jpg

Nice catches there, i just bought a boat so hope to get out there amongst them soon.

Congrats on the new boat, perfect timing, get out there with some fresh bait and get amongst the action. I am in a quintrex 480 coast runner and always in my lucky black shimano cap. Say hi if u see me and i can 'try' to lead u in the right direction. :)

Impressive catch There mate . I wasn't allowed in on the 2nd jan as the boat ramp was full . lucky the wind picked up and people started coming in which allow me to finally get in.

I heard u did alright on that day as well mate! :) & thanks for taking the kiter in for me, hope the bottle of red went down well with those breams :)

Great feed there. I've recently purchased a boat and I'm not to familiar with botany. Would love to catch up on the water sometime, a few tips and areas to start would be a real help. Pm when your free would be great to fish the bay and bring home a feed of bream for the family.

Cheers

Daniel