Almost the perfect day

General Zod

We headed out to what was a perfect day out in the bay. Headed to Towra but that was so low to launch the boat, I throughout to myself if it's this low now, what about when it hits low tide. So We drove to Foreshore rd to launch there. When we got there the car park was just about full. Nobody launching so I quickly got the boat ready and launched, this time I remembered the bung plugs, did a whole check over, even my son ask me if the hole was covered, after that last outing. Everything went prefect, no dramas this time. We head to yarra bay or around there and started to fish. About 50 mins pass and nothing. I started to feel a bit sea sick but recovered, then my wife starts to feel a little bit as well but says she can still fish so we go looking for another spot. As were cruising we see a school of tailors we head towards them, my wife is so hypo and excited cause the stories I used to tell her about schools of fish when I used to rock fish and how good it was catching them, she couldn't believe how they come up like that, and then my son say he feels sick, and proceeds to berley overboard, I tell my wife that we can't say we need to go cause my son isn't well, she agrees and we start going back. Then I look over and my wife can't hack the smell of the vomit and she starts to vomit over board. I try not to inhale the smell but can't hack it and I donate my berley as well. I say to myself need to get back for the sake of my son and wife so I power on. My son is crying cause his stomach is hurting and my wife has her head over broad letting it all out. I feel really bad seeing them and my stomach is killing as well but we make it back, all of us dizzy and stomachs hurting. It's amazing how quick it goes away after being on the land though. We pack up and go home. Spewing that we missed those fish, 3 school we saw, not big but we could of got a feed. So u see it was almost a perfect day. No troubles with the boat this time, only us. But happy my family is ok now. Looking at my son playing with his toys, my wife having a nap, as I write this, puts a smile to my face.

Now i've got to go and clean the boat. Ahrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

And yes we did take seasick tablets, (need to get better ones next time)

And yes we did eat breakfast before we went.

Just need to harden the /^#* up I suppose.

Next time raiders.

We headed out to what was a perfect day out in the bay. Headed to Towra but that was so low to launch the boat, I throughout to myself if it's this low now, what about when it hits low tide. So We drove to Foreshore rd to launch there. When we got there the car park was just about full. Nobody launching so I quickly got the boat ready and launched, this time I remembered the bung plugs, did a whole check over, even my son ask me if the hole was covered, after that last outing. Everything went prefect, no dramas this time. We head to yarra bay or around there and started to fish. About 50 mins pass and nothing. I started to feel a bit sea sick but recovered, then my wife starts to feel a little bit as well but says she can still fish so we go looking for another spot. As were cruising we see a school of tailors we head towards them, my wife is so hypo and excited cause the stories I used to tell her about schools of fish when I used to rock fish and how good it was catching them, she couldn't believe how they come up like that, and then my son say he feels sick, and proceeds to berley overboard, I tell my wife that we can't say we need to go cause my son isn't well, she agrees and we start going back. Then I look over and my wife can't hack the smell of the vomit and she starts to vomit over board. I try not to inhale the smell but can't hack it and I donate my berley as well. I say to myself need to get back for the sake of my son and wife so I power on. My son is crying cause his stomach is hurting and my wife has her head over broad letting it all out. I feel really bad seeing them and my stomach is killing as well but we make it back, all of us dizzy and stomachs hurting. It's amazing how quick it goes away after being on the land though. We pack up and go home. Spewing that we missed those fish, 3 school we saw, not big but we could of got a feed. So u see it was almost a perfect day. No troubles with the boat this time, only us. But happy my family is ok now. Looking at my son playing with his toys, my wife having a nap, as I write this, puts a smile to my face.

Next time raiders.

Was it really rough or something???

hahah - funny read.... you should try some of those ET seasick tablets... fantasic stuff that does not dry you out.

But in saying that, if spewed this morning in very flat condition i dont think even ET's magic blue pills wil be any good!

The school of fish you "missed out on" were small chopper tailor... busting up everywhere.

Better luck next time!

Cheers

Trung

I should also add that I've been out in my kayak around the Yarra Bay area lately and I haven't felt the best either. It gets a bit bouncy out there in a Southerly because you have the waves coming in from the sea in one direction and you have the rebound off the wall.

The swell must have been huge in the bay LOL. My brother inlaw is the same took him out from the hawkesbury

and was spewing his heart out around lion island i just thought i would help things along by having a beer he

hasnt been on my boat since still wandering why.

Next time raiders.

Dont worry about it. I got a mate, he gets sick as long as there is water under him! Im sure he chunders while on the toilet, he once got sick while we fished the moons in Georges River!

:074:

Anyway, are you sure you and your family are cut out for boating???..

Only joking mate! :biggrin2: Hey the trick is to keep moving, on the troll you wont feel as sick as while bobbing up and down. If you tried travelcalm or some other type of tablets make sure they are the from a pharmacy at not the supermarket or servo, those ones are ginger based not chemical based.

Try easing them in slowly on calm days.

I hope your luck changes and you get to enjoy boating as a family.

Cheers

Musty

My father suffers from sea sickness as well .He has been on those special Et tablets for the last 4 years and they work perfectly..1 hour before the launch and every 4-6 hours as required...Keep your head up and referenced to the horizon..If you need to look down to tie rigs, only short periods with the melon in the downward position...!!

Keep a few bottles of ginger ale on the vessel as well and keep on taking small sips...

Obvious things like a small, dry brekky ( try and stay away from diary products) will definitely help...

Hope next time will be a better outcome for you mate....

hahah - funny read.... you should try some of those ET seasick tablets... fantasic stuff that does not dry you out.

But in saying that, if spewed this morning in very flat condition i dont think even ET's magic blue pills wil be any good!

The school of fish you "missed out on" were small chopper tailor... busting up everywhere.

Better luck next time!

Cheers

Trung

Where do you get ET seasick tablets from?

I've used trava calm before purchased from the pharmacy, they definitely work, but drys me out like crazy. I kept having to sip water.

Im in the Shire and the BOVA Compounding Chemist at Caringbah makes them up...(ET I think lives in the Shire as well, hence the local chemist). Give them a call and they would be able to give you more advice

Suite 4, 304-318 Kingsway

CARINGBAH NSW 2229

Tel: (02) 9525 3044

Fax: (02) 9542 7645

admin@bovacompounding.com.au

http://www.escapewithet.com/sea_sickness.aspx

Regards

Kev

Im in the Shire and the BOVA Compounding Chemist at Caringbah makes them up...(ET I think lives in the Shire as well, hence the local chemist). Give them a call and they would be able to give you more advice

Suite 4, 304-318 Kingsway

CARINGBAH NSW 2229

Tel: (02) 9525 3044

Fax: (02) 9542 7645

admin@bovacompounding.com.au

http://www.escapewithet.com/sea_sickness.aspx

Regards

Kev

Yup - you need to get them from the mob as above... Et tablets are heaps better than travel calm and kwells...

Best stuff...

Cheers

Trung

Why have we all just read and replied to a post about a bloke not catching anything and then the 3 of them throw up? I really love reading these posts and this one seems pretty funny and made menlaugh but guys and girls let's get good info on this forum to help us all catch more fish, learn better techniques and find hit spots etc.

Tight lines

D

Why have we all just read and replied to a post about a bloke not catching anything and then the 3 of them throw up? I really love reading these posts and this one seems pretty funny and made menlaugh but guys and girls let's get good info on this forum to help us all catch more fish, learn better techniques and find hit spots etc.

Tight lines

D

Mate, if you hadn't noticed, this site isn't all about the best fishing spots, best tackle, and best techniques. This forum has a lot more to offer than that. It's a community, and people on here are willing to help wherever they can. Even if it is just trying to help a family to enjoy their new boat on the water without getting sea sick. If I feel I can help someone on here in anyway whether it's related to fishing or not I'll post a reply and try and help.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but if the topic doesn't interest you then don't read it. Pretty simple really.

Cheers.

Edited by insomniac92

Mate, if you hadn't noticed, this site isn't all about the best fishing spots, best tackle, and best techniques. This forum has a lot more to offer than that. It's a community, and people on here are willing to help wherever they can. Even if it is just trying to help a family to enjoy their new boat on the water without getting sea sick. If I feel I can help someone on here in anyway whether it's related to fishing or not I'll post a reply and try and help.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but if the topic doesn't interest you then don't read it. Pretty simple really.

Cheers.

Well said indeed insomniac92 !!!!

Gamefishn, you have only contributed 15 posts. Why not join in all the "other" types of threads here on fishraider. It is not just about "going wide" or catching marlin etc some anglers do not even like doing it.

We all get a kick out of young folk catching their first bream or the older guy using soft plastics for the time. We love to read posts about members babies being born or weddings that take place or following the workshop posts.

If anyone thinks there is not "good info" on this forum then they are free to go to elsewhere.

Well said indeed insomniac92 !!!!

Gamefishn, you have only contributed 15 posts. Why not join in all the "other" types of threads here on fishraider. It is not just about "going wide" or catching marlin etc some anglers do not even like doing it.

We all get a kick out of young folk catching their first bream or the older guy using soft plastics for the time. We love to read posts about members babies being born or weddings that take place or following the workshop posts.

If anyone thinks there is not "good info" on this forum then they are free to go to elsewhere.

Here here... :thumbup:

Here here... :thumbup:

I am a complete newbie, both to Fishraider and to fishing. One of the reasons I am rarely seen on a boat or ferry is because I suffer from motion sickness. I found this Thread most enlightening and in a way encouraging. I have every sympathy and indeed empathy with anyone who loses the contents of their stomach over the side. I have taken careful note of the various remedies recommended and will indeed check them out. Meanwhile I stay with my feet on the shore. I used to take comfort in the knowledge that Nelson suffered from seasickness. I often wonder what his remedy was. Pretty sure Kwells came along later.