Plumb Live bait tank

Perrotst

Definitely need more info. Can you post some pic's of the rear of the boat.

$770 is ridiculous , even half that is expensive.

What did the quote include , tank , plumbing components , electrics etc ???

Where are you located ??

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

Definitely need more info. Can you post some pic's of the rear of the boat.

$770 is ridiculous , even half that is expensive.

What did the quote include , tank , plumbing components , electrics etc ???

Where are you located ??

Geoff

Hi Geoff.

Thanks for the reply. I have attached pics of the rear where the tank is located. Dealer said that this can easily be plumbed but as i mentioned, I found $770 sounds weird. The price i would assume includes all electrics, pump etc. I was not told the specifics.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Cheers,

Stavpost-20099-028002600 1325983126_thumb.jpgpost-20099-035425500 1325983156_thumb.jpg

:1yikes: abit more info would be good regarding what boat and why it would cost so much give me a ring on 0438264377 cheers gary

Thanks Gary.

I attached some pics below to Geoff's reply. The boat is a Revivial 5.25 cuddy. Do not know why it costs so much.

Cheers,

Stav

Hi Geoff.

Thanks for the reply. I have attached pics of the rear where the tank is located. Dealer said that this can easily be plumbed but as i mentioned, I found $770 sounds weird. The price i would assume includes all electrics, pump etc. I was not told the specifics.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Cheers,

Stavpost-20099-028002600 1325983126_thumb.jpgpost-20099-035425500 1325983156_thumb.jpg

By the way, I am located in Chipping Norton.

at a glance you need about $150.00worth off pump and fittings and air hose and some one who is willing to drill holes in fiberglass i try to getout off drilling holes in boats as it affects there resale price

if you ask geoff nicely he may be willing to help you out :biggrin2: and i'll make up any brackets he needs for the pump and so on for a bottle off jd very handy fella geoff :biggrin2:

cheers gary

at a glance you need about $150.00worth off pump and fittings and air hose and some one who is willing to drill holes in fiberglass i try to getout off drilling holes in boats as it affects there resale price

if you ask geoff nicely he may be willing to help you out :biggrin2: and i'll make up any brackets he needs for the pump and so on for a bottle off jd very handy fella geoff :biggrin2:

cheers gary

:thumbup: sounds good with the JD. I will be sure to ask nicely. I too am a bit cautious about holes in glass boats, but this is something that I need.

I will contact you to discuss how we can do this during the week.

Thanks again

Stav

If you ask geoff nicely he may be willing to help you out :biggrin2: and i'll make up any brackets he needs for the pump and so on for a bottle off jd very handy fella geoff :biggrin2:

cheers gary

Gary No problem , always glad to assist fellow Raiders , especially if it can save a few $$$$

In respect to the bracket , have you considered making a batch of the pump bracket?

post-731-065872500 1326066337_thumb.jpg

Marine dealers charge up to $50 which for what you get is very expensive.

These are in stainless but considering there is next to no load 1.5 or 2.0mm aluminium would do the job.

The pick up pipe which only comes into effect when on the plane could be straight , say 25mm long with the front chamfered so it acts like a scoop.

I'm going to make one up to confirm it works but would be interested in your thoughts.

Regards

Geoff

geoff the one in the pic is to low first branch you hit say good bye the stem needs to be straight not curved and you slip a peace off air hose over the stem with a 45degee cut section on the bottom facing forward that way when you hit some thing you will not rip it off the boat the air hose take all the impact there easy to make but aluminium is poo to weld stainless is artwork :biggrin2: cheers gary

Geoff. The one in the pic is to low first branch you hit say good bye

Gary Your correct ,it was the only photo I had , just of the bracket.

The bracket in this photo is the correct position to avoid damage.

post-731-065983900 1326141520_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Gday Gents

I'm really keen to see what the end result will be so we can see what I can do with the LBT.

Cheers,

Stav

Stav. Here is a few you might like to consider ,

Deck Wash. For a few extra $$$ a deck wash can be fitted into the inlet hose.

The plumbing has since been modified so the hose is not on the floor.

post-731-043918200 1326142945_thumb.jpg

The hose can also be fitted to the bait board.

post-731-007532300 1326143015_thumb.jpg

The LBT can double up for other baits. On mine I can have livies in the tank & still use the bait buckets.

post-731-096362200 1326143276_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Looks really good, now need to consider my options. Getting a little concerned about holes in glass boats after reading other posts and the mention of "glass rot". The deck wash is a fantastic idea, thanks for suggestion and definitely will add that to the list.

Really appreciate yours and Gary's input to this.

Stav

Hi Geoff,

Looks really good, now need to consider my options. Getting a little concerned about holes in glass boats after reading other posts and the mention of "glass rot". Stav

Stav. Not sure what you mean by glass rot. If your reffering to the rotting of the internal timber frame , yes it can be a problem especially around the bung holes if they have not been correctly sealed.

The inlet hose for the tank is well above the water line. The outlet should also be above the water line.

The skin fittings have a large internal & external coller & this , combined with the corrent sealant like Sikaflex , will prevent any water entering the internals of the transom.

Geoff