Narrabeen lakes, need help!

tasksta

Hi all

The MRS fancied a nice sunday drive today so I suggested narrabeen lakes.

I have heard a lot of good things about the area and was a cheeky way to feed my SP addiction!

Have to say I left a little deflated as I was simply pulling in reeds all afternoon.

I even attempted to wade out but quickly sunk knee deep in mud, doh!

I gave it a good few hours on falling tide from Jamie park to pipeclay point.

Can anyone share some advice on fishing SP's in this area?

I only have SP experience from the boat and the reeds today were very frustrating.

Would be great to tag along with a local and would share some beer for the trouble. :)

Thanks in advance!

We did no good either on Saturday mate...still to really have a good session on the plastics.

Only thing we caught/saved was a little Asian kid who couldn't swim, in THONGS, swept off in the current. Had a very stern talk with his mum who surprise surprise couldn't swim either...

Cheers Leo

I only had one on Saturday. Can't remember the brand. 60mm long clear and a red head...was getting heaps of follows but the whiting were turning away as they got close enough to strike...will try a few different colours next time.

Cheers Leo

Mate the whitting love the sure catch cheap ones in the pack. Something like 3for $10.

Amazingly the fluro ones work a treat, specially the yellow.

Use a short leader of around 10lb, tie without loop knot to lure to make it swim even straighter.

Throw and wind continually shaking the rod tip to make the lure do little pops as it skitters along. Half way back stop it still for 3 or 4 sec then continue to rod tip wiggle and wind.

Whitting usually smak it on the move, the bream usually hit on the mid way pause.

If you want to spend some bux, the Megabass dog x jr is a cracker walk the dog lure for bream and whitting to, but be prepared for the price!

I like the sugar pens as well, great prawn imitation, awesome on the bream but can do the best prawn flick and run look across the top, so life like!

Thanks Marky, where is the rock wall?

The Rockwall is directly facing the ocean mouth/beach, it faces a large pool, I have seen some really decent fish pulled out of there.

Food for thought, if you were lobbing a SP and weeding up, try adjusting the way you hook it up. Is your hook pointing out the top or bottum? Using a swivel?

Going to Hit the lake this arvo, depending on the water action will probably wade out in front of the caravan park :thumbup:

Marky.

No swivel, hook up.

What is the name of the caravan park? Ill look it up.

Sorry for all the questions but when i only have an hour or two after work i need a specific plan of attack.

I live in Concord so totally new area for me also.

Thanks again for the info, gonna head back Thursday evening after work with some poppers.

Let us know how you go this evening.

cheers

Paul