Hawkesbrry River + Pittwater

locodave

Mate and I headed out to West Reef on Saturday morning. Not a bite.

We then moved into Pittwater hoping to get a king. Nothing.

Moved around Scotland Island and we caught two Hammer Head sharks.

Went to the railway bridge. Nothing.

I was really disappointed! Just wondering how everyone else went? It's never been that quite!

I fished a few locations yesterday around Patonga. Too much wind which made the fishing hard, but better than working!

No fish of note, but found a big football field sized school of Salmon and Bonito which gave us a lot of fun for a while. We just drove AROUND the school to the windward side and cast chromies back at them. The best was about 50cm, but we didn't pay too much attention because we threw them all back. It all ended when another boat finally found them and proceeded to drive right through the middle of the school, not once, but EVERY time, splitting them up and eventually sounding them. Don't think they managed to hook one either!

It was a lot of fun, but we still went home with nothing but a smile on our faces.

i had a good session the other day in pittwater and hawksbury, caught 8 legal flatties and a bream, pretty much every stop we had a fish before too long from the railway bridge to the basin. but these days are few and far between