Couple Pics From Yesterday

Ken A

Thats one small area I fish. Normally there is a lot of weed beds there but it dies off during winter & has just started to re grow. The whole flat is loaded with Soldier Crabs as well. At high tide the water is right up to the edge of the grass & on either side there are mangroves & they produce Bream on Buggi Pops & the like at high tide.

When the water warms a bit more there is Trevally action on the surface there before sunrise as well.

Its not fishing well at the moment but in a month or so it will produce good catches. It surprises me just how many fish are there. I have taken many lizards over 60 there & several 40 plus Bream as well as Whiting.

The best area for land based work is around to the left out of picture in a secondary channel. This is a great little spot considering it is less than one kilometre from home & a very reliable producer of fish.

A lot of the north end of the passage is featureless sand so even the most minor structure attracts good fish. When I first moved here I walked past this spot 100 times without even considering fishing there. What an error on my part.

Live & learn :D

Great having a spot so close to the club Ankles :beer: Sit out the back in the NE breeze in summer , shaded by the building & look out at the water & drink schooners of Tooheys Old at $2.75 a schooner.

hummm yer i am or my membership :nono: member of mooney mooney workers no under 300 my beer is over 3 dollar that must be god place ..... :-mad2 got to see mother beer at 275 ooooo shiiiiiiii* i be :happy: and pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssst to :grogon: :thumbsup:

From memory, it's a fairly hard crawl from the Power Boat Club to the Caravan Park up the road. Sad memories of the first couple of Lure and Fly Shoot-outs. Trying to crawl back to the tent carrying a 40 litre Evacool. Have they rubberised that road yet? I'm sure Pete Flynn was going to arrange it. :plonk: :plonk: :plonk: :grogon: :grogon: :grogon: :beer: :beer: :beer: