Bream!

hughsnews

Long time reader, first time poster!

Thought I'd quickly share a session we had on Monday.

Myself and my mate decided to head out for a few hours around lunch time. Decided to go up to Lane Cove despite the masses of rain the night before.

I was excited as I was trying my new Christmas present, an Ultra-Light Lox 1-3kg rod.

After a small fish or two, decided to drop the vibe one more time before racing off to try a new spot or two. I dropped it in the exact same spot as I caught a 63cm flattie in early December.

The line started to scream out into the middle of nowhere. At first thought it might have been a large ray or something. My small rod was bent over on itself. Ended up in a 5 minute battle that involved the fish running under the boat and around the electric engine. Then it appeared out of the muddy water...

A 42cm, 1.3kg bream. By far the largest I have ever caught (I am new to Bream Fishing). Safely released to fight another day. Was by far the most fun I have had catching a fish. Only had a 1.5lt waterbottle nearby for scale when I took a quick snap... Ended up with 7-8 fish in a few hours including another nice high 30's bream caught by my mate! :biggrin2:

IMG_2069.jpg