Aussie Day on the Bay

quintrex480

Hope every1 had a great Australia Day!

Stocked up on 7 squid for the past week for go on Jews in the bay. Wasn't looking to optimistic driving home from work in the downpour yesterday, but I was still eager to get out. Then disappointment set in when I found out the monster (oopps i meant mother :biggrin2: ) in-law had taken 6 of my 7 squid home for dinner throughout the week :ranting2: guess it was my fault for being too lazy for not putting them in the bait freezer. Wanted to get to the bay before the high at 11pm, but after getting the kids to bed and the rain hampering my efforts to set up the boat, didn't end up leaving the house until 11PM let alone start fishing at 11PM. Finally met up with my mate at 11:30PM at the ramp, and headed to get some yakkas, first spot zilch, moved to second spot and we filled up with yakkas in no time, and these were horses!! as they say big bait = big fish, so we hoped to prove that true :biggrin2:

Zoomed across the bay to set up camp for Jews, me with the lone squid and my mate with the livie, by this time the current was too strong and we knew we missed our chance, so on the floor we went to bed, with my baitrunner set to wake me up, and it did, pulled in a nice little soapie to about 40cm, back in the drink to grow up a little. None of the livies were touched, got up at 7 and decided to go for bream and flatties over at Towra, in the end we ended up with 16 bream ranging from 28cm-38cm and a nice blue swimmer that wouldn't let go of the hook. :biggrin2:

Saw Trung at the ramp and as usual, he got the squid again! who's starting to get bored of hearing about Trung and all the squid he gets??? ahahhaha :biggrin2:

here's a pic of some of the catches.

post-16665-001924200 1327580161_thumb.jpg

bloody hell quninnie - 16 bream + a crab.. you did very well.

I caught next to jack today so might have throwm my lurers in the bin and start tossing some nippers over the side of the boat... I have forgotten how to use bait to catch bream/whiting.. it been that long! Wanna take me out and show me how ? :biggrin2:

It was nice seeing you today... catch up shortly

Hope to get some jewbags tomorrow night... see how it goes.

Cheers

Trung

Edited by dhype

bloody hell quninnie - 16 bream + a crab.. you did very well.

I caught next to jack today so might have throwm my lurers in the bin and start tossing some nippers over the side of the boat... I have forgotten how to use bait to catch bream/whiting.. it been that long! Wanna take me out and show me how ? :biggrin2:

It was nice seeing you today... catch up shortly

Hope to get some jewbags tomorrow night... see how it goes.

Cheers

Trung

Sometimes, they just love bait more :biggrin2: , and about heading out, anytime buddy, u know my offer to hop on still stands hehehehe :biggrin2:

nice one mate

your doing good on bait

wheres my invite on your boat aye???

ha

Hey cj, haven't forgot about you mate, i have promised a bunch of mates that i'd take them too :). But you have been doing well on the hobie anyway! I'll take my yak out soon, just need a new battery for the minkota, and i'll give u a holla :).