greenfish

ddaniel

heading to the juck tomorrow :1fishing1: , dam has been droping fairly rapidly from reports, makes tough fishin! has anyone been to the juck lately? if so has water quality picked up a bit. thanks for any info.

i fished the Juck on sat 28th last month & trolled from 6.00am to 8.30pm for a 50cm & 58cm cod....caught on 50mm ac invaders & a smack lure....maroon seemed to be the only color that got hits or fish.

All up was pretty slow going & the water clarity was average.

hey perrin80, fished pretty hard from friday arvo to sunday midday for zilch, trolled, cast even slow trolled spinner baits slow with the leccy down to 20ft, couldnt raise a scale. we used oregees, ac's,superbugs, spinnerbaits, codbusters, everything we could throw at em? went to jasper arm, sounded fish in between 20-35ft static on the bottom. a couple of half harted taps thats it? if you dont mind me asking which area did you hit?

hey perrin80, fished pretty hard from friday arvo to sunday midday for zilch, trolled, cast even slow trolled spinner baits slow with the leccy down to 20ft, couldnt raise a scale. we used oregees, ac's,superbugs, spinnerbaits, codbusters, everything we could throw at em? went to jasper arm, sounded fish in between 20-35ft static on the bottom. a couple of half harted taps thats it? if you dont mind me asking which area did you hit?

We camped at the Juck waters park & if you were looking at the boat ramp we caught them on the other side (SW)from there trolling towards the wall.... i try & troll at about 24ft.

i also tried up behind Wade island & up the Goodradigbee arm but im sure there we more Skiers than fish :1badmood:

yeah plenty of water skiers, they didnt venture up where we were. we put in at careys and hit a few tabletops on the way through to fish bidgee arm, plenty of timber around have to be carefull. a few boats out for not much more than a few yellas. good luck in the future, will be back soon waiting for the water to stablelise a bit.

• 1 month later...

GEnts,

I ahve fished burrinjuck fairly regularly for a few years now and can tell you that it can be a dam of a thousand casts but on the flip side, i have been in some of the hottest fishing of my career, genreally cod are taken in the morning and afternoon sessions and go deep through the day, yellowbelly are a little different and will take lures during the day but you will have to work for them, the arvo session is where the yellas generally heat up. I generally only go to the juck to target yellowbelly as decent cod are hard to come by, yellowbelly are plentiful and I have had the most success casting Jackall TN60s in 15-30ft of water with an ultra slow roll back to the boat. Gold flash seems to be the colour of choice, trolling is also good with 20ft divers in the 65mm size, again gold flash being the colour of choice.

Dont give up on the juck.

Che