Fishing Dirty Water

BreamChaser

Hey All

Was wondering what the general concensous was on the clarity of water in our esturies and rivers at present.

Do most wait for the water clarity to get a bit better or is a matter of looking at differebnt baits and maybe going with something with a bit more smell then say fresh bait?

Does anyone put anything on their livies when the water is murky to give them some added scent?

Water was putrid in berowra last week but flatties were still on the bite, even got a few whiting.

Think bream are a little more sensitive and will remain in deeper water until it clears.

Funny you mention the bream and deeper water, I was up at Narrabeen lakes on the weekend, I have never seen the water so murky and dirty.

And yet all the small usual tiddlers were no where to be found and yet a nice array of 20-30cm bream were coming in pretty consistently on fresh nippers. Very Fat too. Threw them all back in as didn't take the esky with me; but good fun on my light sp rod.

Throw a bit of parmie garlic chicken, you'll pull a monster out of ye' dirty depths hehehe :biggrin2: