FISHING FOR BAIT FISH IN JERVIS BAY HELP!

possumms

Hay everyone can anyone help me with finding good bait spots in JB headding down tomorrow with my new boat

Looking for

Squid (Bait and feed lol)

Yellow Tail

Skip jack

piper or as you aussie call them Garfish lol

to catch Kingfish and snapper (good luck be with me) :)

and to Stock pile for NT Trip in March

Thanks in advance guys

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Greg

I fished Callala bay yesterday we got 16 decent squid but it was hard work , took nearly five hours. We fished among the boats and the weed patch to the east of the boats and also ajacent to the reef at Callala in about three to four metres of water. I was using a green jig at first then changed to an orange yellow which did most of the damage with a pink jig working at dusk. We didnt do very well in the deeper water.

Other spots to try which usually fish well is along the length of Long Beach which is north of Honymoon bay and has large areas of weed bed that stretches for nearly half a kilometre.You can get a nice drift in the nor easter.

If your heading south of the bay then as said in previous posts then just west of Murrys Beach boat ramp usually produces and a liitle further west again to hole in the Wall beach. This is the first beach you will see as you head west, there are a few yellow mooring bouys set off the beach. If you strart around these and move off shore a liitle you should find them.

Also just for your info friends of mine fished Currarong Big bommie mid week and boated two kings at 1200mm and a nice bag of reds to go along with them in about three hours of fishing, they did launch from Currarong ramp though. If you choose to go there squid can be found at a place known as Lobster which is a small bay just inside little beecroft head. You cant miss it there is a large tapering rock mid water ajacent to the western side of little beecroft. Fish the western side of the bay for squid. Be careful heading east behind the rock as the water gets fairly shallow.

good luck

Edited by Zacnoel

Posted by Greg Luxford

"thanks for all the info.
we fish jb on the long weekend 9 squid in the first hr Friday avo and with 3 on board bagged out on Saturday arvo over at honey moon bay with orange and pink fluro large jigs fished currarong bommi Saturday evening 1 x 3kg red 2 more suid but a lot of rat kings around the boat good time with a couple of mates"