Need good spinning reel/rod for softbait!?

Johnny87au

hey guys, Im after a rod/reel which is for light weight fish, line rating of around 8-10kg will be enough as this combo will be used for yakkas and soft plastics mainly off the rocks/beach.. Also when using soft baits do you just let the bait sit on the surface of the beach as the current will take it ? Or spin really slow?

I've never used the rod, however I love the look and feel of the Stradic. That's a winner in my opinion.

If you're going to fish from the beach, perhaps you should look at a bigger size though for better casting ability?

Well was thinking a longer rod would benefit me but im after a light and really sensitive tip, I do have the daiwa sensor surf 12 foot rod which is mainly used for bigger fish.. Any idea of a 10ft rod which will suit the needs i mentioned above or cant get one that long ??

I'm not the right person to ask viyt beach fishing, however i'd think you could get a decent 10ft rod to suit your needs. I was talking about perhaps looking at something larger than a 2500 stradic.. Surely the stradics come in a larger size though

Hows this sound, mainly for soft bait jig heading.. Shimano catalina rod mixed with a Shimano Stradic CI4 2500F reel ??

never heard of this rod mate ..

a good rod for plastics off shore/rocks which can still chuck a yakka but NOT a 2 oz sinker would be:

9ft shore spin

9ft shimano jewel

9ft t curve revolution spin

10ft daiwa seajigger

the shimanos best with a 4000/5000 reel, the daiwa with a 3000/4000 reel

Wish the seajigger was $200 only then that would be a awesome buy !!