Pittwater Kings

Bald one

Great to hear the kings are back mate. and well done on catching the BIG BOYS. I'm heading out to pittwater on Sunday chasing kings and I was wondering how you caught them. If you would be so kind to share. I'm thinking of using my down rigger with a FAT squid swimming of the back. Maybe around Flint & steal. Any info would be fantastic champ. Thanks

Great to hear the kings are back mate. and well done on catching the BIG BOYS. I'm heading out to pittwater on Sunday chasing kings and I was wondering how you caught them. If you would be so kind to share. I'm thinking of using my down rigger with a FAT squid swimming of the back. Maybe around Flint & steal. Any info would be fantastic champ. Thanks

I 2nd that re any info

I will be heading to pittwater this weekend in the hope of catching my first king :)

Thanks

Cc

I 2nd that re any info

I will be heading to pittwater this weekend in the hope of catching my first king :)

Thanks

Cc

Squid hard at first, but found a few little ones at the basin up near the net LHS of the drop off as you look at the net, more toward the beach.

Big ones at west head. managed 12 all up by 9am

Rats at clareville

bigger fellas at long nose

Over and out

Baldy

wow, good onya mate.

i have had my boat moored at Taylors Pt. for a few years,. I no longer fish Pittwater but just head of to West Head, get yakkas and go offshore. I have caught a few small kings inside but with all the pro fishers, i just dont bother anymore.

I love the Pitt, but the fishing is poor. I'm on the waiting list for a mooring in Middle Harbour.

But ...Good work!!

Welsh Dave

Nice one Bald One.

We have been very quiet in Pittwater up until beginning of this week, then have scored a few kings too in last 2 trips. Nothing over the 80 mark but a few good kings in the 70's (in good condition too).

With this sunny weather looking to get out to pitty again this weekend.

cheers,

BS

Longnose point? where is it? On my map I have a "Pugnose" point on the west side, straight across from Careel bay with a big hole in front of it. Is longnose north or south of this?

BTW, I picked up some nice squid from down deep, halfway across between the north side of careel bay and the basin. There is a big upwelling of water there, plainly visible on the run-out tide. I stuck some live yakkas down deep to see if there was anything down there, and then pulled them up slowly when I felt the gentle tugs of squid on the other end. I then had to stick on a squid spike, but there seemed to be a few down deep (it was the middle of the day and a run-out tide).

Bloke at the Persley Bay Boat Ramp had cuaght a 70 cm kingie from near Lion Island last Friday if this helps?

Lon nose is about a mile and a bit south of where you are taling about. on your RHS or western side of the Pittwater

Baldy