Buying a Downriger

srudds100386

Hi all,

i want to buy a downrigger for my 4.1m tinny. does anyone have any advice on what would be a good one to buy and where to get it from?

i have read that you can get them alot cheaper online?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Sean

i have one for sale second hand i'll pm u more details

Scotty 1080 is perfect for your boat. I bought one last month and here's the sad part.

$500 was the best price I could get in Australia. Ended up buying online from #$#$#$.com in the US.......delivered in 4 days for $230.

Just would like clarification on brand names. I mentioned a particular Australian brand but my post was deleted but others are ok to mention brands like Scotty?

I am not in any way associated with the brand I mentioned, only a happy user of their product, I am unsure of what brands can be mentioned and which can't?

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Twinfisher 4.9

Just would like clarification on brand names. I mentioned a particular Australian brand but my post was deleted but others are ok to mention brands like Scotty?

I am not in any way associated with the brand I mentioned, only a happy user of their product, I am unsure of what brands can be mentioned and which can't?

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve and thanks for asking. The site rules are there for many reasons. We have businesses and products advertising and sponsoring fishraider that pay for the privilege and those people have been screened and allowed to join our fishraider family.

Why should we allow other businesses to advertise here for nothing. Many of them are very sly and get others to plug their products all the time and they do not contribute anything else to our forum. Members do not want the posts to become full of people just advertising stuff. Sometimes their products are substandard anyway.

A mention of a brand name is ok but there is a difference in shameless plugging of the business, the owners name, the website URL etc

For our moderating team it is easy to spot - someone comes and posts oh I need a blah blah and then straight away someone comes in with all the info about the business/product, it is very obvious.

People can use our search engine to look through the thousands of posts for information or simply do google searches.

If you want opinion ask for a response by pm as Jewhunter has correctly pointed out. This way the poster is happy and site rules are observed.

The businesses are always welcome to contact fishraider administration to introduce themselves and make enquiry about advertising with us. That also shows that they are a professional business :thumbup: