Parramatta River

ParraRiverFisher

Hey guys,

i'm new to this forum, but not fishing! i'm 15 and i started fishing ever since i was born!!! i have been into soft plastic and hard body lure fishing for a few years, and have caught whiting, flathead, tailor and a few others, BUT NO BREAM, can anyone give me any tips, spots on how to fish the parramatta river :biggrin2:

Join the club, bream are the toughest to crack on sp in my opinion.

Recently had success at narrabeen lake and it's worth the wait they fight hard on light gear!

Best tips would be to go light as possible to suspend the sp as long as possible, I use 6lb and 1/16 jig head.

Once on the bottom pause longer as this is when they will most likely hit.

Keep an eye on the line as you will see the twitch before you feel it with the slack line.

Bream will have a pick before they swallow it so give them time and strike when the rod bends over and hang on. :)

Hope this helps and most importantly don't give up, even legal bream will go hard!

Cheers

Paul

Edited by tasksta

Join the club, bream are the toughest to crack on sp in my opinion.

Recently had success at narrabeen lake and it's worth the wait they fight hard on light gear!

Best tips would be to go light as possible to suspend the sp as long as possible, I use 6lb and 1/16 jig head.

Once on the bottom pause longer as this is when they will most likely hit.

Keep an eye on the line as you will see the twitch before you feel it with the slack line.

Bream will have a pick before they swallow it so give them time and strike when the rod bends over and hang on. :)

Hope this helps and most importantly don't give up, even legal bream will go hard!

Cheers

Paul

Thanks, that really helps, i know that i have a general idea on bream fishing with lures. it seems that i can catch a few species of fish on lures other than the fish i really want to catch :1yikes:, but i know with persistance i can catch ONE!!!