Botany Bay 10/03

quintrex480

Took my brother who's visiting from the States and his mate for a fish, wanted to try and get him onto his first king. Got onto the water about 7 and looking at the muck that was in the water, I wasn't too hopeful for any squid and nor any kings either. But we gave it a go anyway, and hit the squid grounds, put the jig into the water and I couldn't see the jig pass the leader (approx 1m), that's how dirty the water was. After about an hour of not even a touch decided for plan B. Armed with some fresh prawns, hit the breams, fished for about 4 hours, 2 hours to high and 2 hours past high. We managed 15 bream with the best going 35cm. So we managed to take home a feed each, brothers mate caught the smallest snapper I've ever seen which was a good laugh. Hope the water clears out for next week.

post-16665-004727300 1331460353_thumb.jpg

post-16665-062440200 1331460376_thumb.jpg

post-16665-098241500 1331460395_thumb.jpg

Edited by quintrex480

Nice fishing! I tried to hit up the squid this yesterday too... sadly, just lost my lure instead of getting any squid :1badmood:.

That tiny snapper was so cute, put a smile on my dial. We should also have PB smallest fish!

15!That's a lotta breams. It is great you are able to put people onto fish. When is the next charter trip? :biggrin2:

heya mate, hasn't always been like this, still remember the times when I would go home empty handed, but trying new stuff and perseverance has finally paid off, pretty confident of going home with a feed with each trip now. Charter trip? how much u willing to pay? :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Nice fishing! I tried to hit up the squid this yesterday too... sadly, just lost my lure instead of getting any squid :1badmood:.

That tiny snapper was so cute, put a smile on my dial. We should also have PB smallest fish!

when the water is that dirty, squid are the first to jet! yeah losing expensive jigs comes hand in hand with squidding, just have to learn to live with it. I've lost countless jigs and it does still get to me when I lose one, but lucky it's been a while (knock on wood :biggrin2: )

Edited by quintrex480

Your mom must have been over the moon with that many bream... Asian moms and their bream..they cannot get enough of them!

my mom is sick of kings, squid and flatties .. keeps bugging me for bream which I never target ... so flick some over next time!

Well done mate!

Trung

Edited by dhype