KINGS and then more kings.

Formosan

Hey FR.

Thought I put up a report about fish instead. :biggrin2:

After dropping my Iphone letting go a rat at Molly Pt 2 weeks ago. I am back today for a quiet fish with Quintrex480. I'll keep it brief

Late start and we were lucky to loaded up with some inkers. Then proceed to DR around.

Got couple of Hoodie, Biggest was 105 cms and countless rats (went back off course).

Had 2 big bustoffs but wont go in details :)

Enjoy the pics.

post-7044-043520800 1331899103_thumb.png

post-7044-077965500 1331899184_thumb.png

post-7044-086041800 1331899205_thumb.png

post-7044-021291100 1331899228_thumb.png

post-7044-059115500 1331899338_thumb.png

Ok then I'll go into the detail of the bust offs, 1 snapped the hook in half and the other one was just simply unstoppable!! :). Think next time, we'll just use our anchor rope to fish and just haul them outta there! :). Was a great day buddy, do it again next week :)

Edited by quintrex480

Ok then I'll go into the detail of the bust offs, 1 snapped the hook in half and the other one was just simply unstoppable!! :). Think next time, we'll just use our anchor rope to fish and just haul them outta there! :). Was a great day buddy, do it again next week :)

what the hell is this guys? dont you have to go to work!!!

great catch! bastards... :)

ps.. you have a funny looking toe!

Trung

Edited by dhype

No more cheap hooks! :074:

what the hell is this guys? dont you have to go to work!!!

great catch! bastards... :)

ps.. you have a funny looking toe!

Trung

Thanks.

Day off :tease:

Yeah but the girls love it. :biggrin2:

What a catch. Great work fellas.

The kings just get bigger and bigger every year. Am I the only one noticing this.

Regards

Vic

Thanks..I reckon if we all do our bit and let the rats go, They can only get bigger and bigger.

i have the exact same setup with the daiwa salist on the ocuma salina

....but do you have the bling knob?

24 kgs?

Edited by Formosan

Hey boys nice work. Did you get the hoodies out side

Just near the heads.

Great catch their bud.. Where you getting your squid? I can never seem too find them with hours of effort put in.. Also what type of squid jig you using?

Cheers

Cameron

Weedy areas and quality jigs like Yamashita. Paying attention to sink rates for the conditions and try different colours.

good catch guys, well done.

did you get the kings inside the bay or outside the heads?

Thanks..Inside as u can see from the pics and near the heads.

No more cheap hooks! :074:

Thanks.

Day off :tease:

Yeah but the girls love it. :biggrin2:

Thanks..I reckon if we all do our bit and let the rats go, They can only get bigger and bigger.

....but do you have the bling knob?

24 kgs?

i have the 37 kg stick though running 80n ound pe suffix braid on the saltist, goes well for me, how are you liking it?

:thumbup: Nice kings I bet u would of loved to net those 2 that got away.

Yep, first one came torpedoing towards us when we cleared the reefs, was quite happy as it meant I had less line to wind in, we saw leader and colour (estimated to be 10+ kg), then it woke up and changed directions back the other way, then gone, at first we thought it spat the hook, but then on closer inspection, the hook snapped. The second one that busted us off didn't give us a chance... just the zzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzz.....zzzzzz and then gone and a whole heap of :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

i have the 37 kg stick though running 80n ound pe suffix braid on the saltist, goes well for me, how are you liking it?

Nice.. I got the 24 kgs. I am happy with the combo, especially now I got rid of the cheap knob that came with it.

Yep, first one came torpedoing towards us when we cleared the reefs, was quite happy as it meant I had less line to wind in, we saw leader and colour (estimated to be 10+ kg), then it woke up and changed directions back the other way, then gone, at first we thought it spat the hook, but then on closer inspection, the hook snapped. The second one that busted us off didn't give us a chance... just the zzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzz.....zzzzzz and then gone and a whole heap of :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Got some Mustad hoodlum hooks from Big Letter after V today, You reckon they are good enough? :biggrin2:

Edited by Formosan

nice fish guys

do you troll the squid dead or alive

and rig advice would be awesome thanks, i assume 60 pound to two 5/0 or 6/0 circles ?

Thanks.

For the rats we just troll strips or heads.

For the biggies we troll whole live or squid that just took it's last breath. Doesn't matter if they have died as long they are fresh. Quintrex480 puncture the sac on one of them and we only travel 5 metres and then he was on. They love the ink.

70 to 80lb braid to 100 lb shock leader then to 80 lb flouro leader. Two circles or two live bait hooks. or mix and match. which ever you prefer, Quintrex480 loves his circles, I like the big guage live bait hooks myself. 6.0 to 8.0.