fishing under captain cook bridge?

st00ge

hey guys,

I was just looking on google map and it seems from the map that you can fish under the captain cook bridge.

I was just wondering if its possible and if so on what side?

and does anyone know what is mainly caught there?

I was thinking about fishing there to get out of the rain...

any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

st00ge xD

Edited by st00ge

hey guys,

I was just looking on google map and it seems from the map that you can fish under the captain cook bridge.

Thank you,

st00ge xD

hey stooge both sides are fishable, ive seen jewfish caught, bream and some huge flathead off the little wharf on the san souci side and under the bridge.

Goodluck

Hi Buddy,

We were there a couple of times over the past few weeks - lots of really small bream (like the size of a 50c piece), some fat but undersized whiting, although there was a bloke there that had hooked up to a small bream that something big had a swipe at.

Having said that we were there really just killing time with bream/flattie rods - would be good to go at night/dusk/early am and target bigger fish if conditions were right.

Water was still pretty brownish - one guy with a long (5m rod) was catching mullet on the SE side off the rocks with his grandson. He hooked up to heaps but didn't keep more than a couple - was looking for a feed, not bait.

Fish are there, suggest taking a light and a heavy setup - if you get something that you can use as livebait then whack it out.

SB

Thanks for the replies so far,

was planning on heading out there tonight but due to unforeseen circumstances, I can't head out tonight

so if weather permits i"ll head out there sometime this week either very early in the morning or on evening/night.

Was planning on bring 2 light rods and 1 heavy for a live bait if i catch a yellow tail or something.

• 6 years later...
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2012 at 3:16 PM, st00ge said:

hey guys,

Thank you,

st00ge xD

The only stipulation is that you are not allowed to moor or anchor your boat to the pilons!

I read quite a few articles on CCB & yes there have been plenty caught there over the years basically on the turn of the tide on either side of the pilons.

There are also quite a few places along the GR on points where eddies & gutters form that produce Jew.

Cooks river also produces some stonkers every now & then.

Wow... old thread. The 3rd pylon from the northern end was always the place to fish for jew. Same pylon for Tom Uglys too. Years ago, we used to tie off on the CC pylons, climb onto them and fish hard against them for bream or luderick. Guess the fun police put a stop to that. But, 3rd pylon from a boat, fishing back into the eddy. On the run out, fish the western side. On the run in, fish the eastern side.