Lively Lure Mack Baits

lostproperty

So I've just acquired a 4" version of their C4 lure and trying it out on the weekend for the first time, I just wanted to know if anyone has cause kings on them before? Reason I ask is Im targeting bonito using it and would prefer not to hook up to a king on my light spin rod, it's fun for bonito but a king hookup would see the end of my lure. I'm not keen to rig it up to my heavier outfit because it's no fun skull dragging bonito in on 30lb line, I've read kings are pretty fussy on hard bodies unless it's a popper so I think I'll be ok but just wanted to know what other ppls experiences have been with them cheers

So I've just acquired a 4" version of their C4 lure and trying it out on the weekend for the first time, I just wanted to know if anyone has cause kings on them before? Reason I ask is Im targeting bonito using it and would prefer not to hook up to a king on my light spin rod, it's fun for bonito but a king hookup would see the end of my lure. I'm not keen to rig it up to my heavier outfit because it's no fun skull dragging bonito in on 30lb line, I've read kings are pretty fussy on hard bodies unless it's a popper so I think I'll be ok but just wanted to know what other ppls experiences have been with them cheers

Lively Lures are one of the best for Bonnito and salmon, and you do get the odd king on them mate, their top lures for spinning off the rocks blue back ones are the best

Well fingers crossed i don't hook up to a king then cause I won't be able to stop it with my spin rod haha ! The lure feels amazing not like any other hardbody I've had before so hopefully it goes good guns out on the boat on sat, I think the one I have from memory is blue with a pink belly

Blue mack colour has been one of the most productive lures ive got! They are awesome :thumbup: If fish are there you know about it. I kid you not that ive caught a bonito and a king one this one lure at one go.

Ive converted the lure to 2 single hooks cause of the trebles destory the paint work. :biggrin2:

I havent had many kings smash my mack backs, mainly bonnies...they got nuts for them!!!

Iv found the bright pink to be extremely effective, got 5 bonnies in 5 casts the other week when no one was hooking up on chromes

Lively Lures are one of the best for Bonnito and salmon, and you do get the odd king on them mate, their top lures for spinning off the rocks blue back ones are the best

I havent had many kings smash my mack backs, mainly bonnies...they got nuts for them!!!

Iv found the bright pink to be extremely effective, got 5 bonnies in 5 casts the other week when no one was hooking up on chromes

If spinning off the rocks with these lures, is the retrieve as quick as you'd use with chromes?

Didn't get round to hanging the hooks before I wnt fishing with this today, first cast into a school o Bonnies and was on! It spat the hook near the boat so cast out again and bang ! On again ! Landed it this time a nice bonito. Retrieve speed probably about the same as I would a chromie.

Trolled south head after trying ti catch kings that weren't to be found and landed another 3 more vs my mates skirt lure which landed 1 Bonnie an 2 frigates.

Very happy with the lure awesome casting distance and swims so smoothly in the water, well worth the money and will def start buying other colours !