Yellow fin tuna season of SYDNEY

joshuasinger

Sorry down to fish i am new, and it just was a kingy i thought i'd post . And its a question not a report

on ya mate

nothing wrong with throwing a beautfiul looking fish in along with your question.

Good question too, i wish i had started up a fishing calander when i started with what i should be chasing each month.

not sure about the yellow fins but all reports are the albies and bluefin are in and running off portland victoria,

cant wait to head back down and get a few. If your looking for a getaway and a fish, id say head down late may/june and you only have to hit the 100mt mark, but early we head to the 1000,

if your keen here is a great site that or mate runs BOB. enjoy.

http://www.wildblue.com.au

go to bobs fishing report.

cheers

No dramas welcome to the forum buddy, next time if you post up questions in Fishing Chat you will probably get more responses, try searching the forums as well as this can always turn up some good info, try "yellowfin tun" and you'll probably turn up a few threads including this one

Hi JMS,

Good to see you on Fishraider - nice king!

There are a few small yellowfin around at the moment up around the Norah Canyons & some reports of a few larger fish out of Narooma & Bermi but not in any numbers. Predominately this time of year most of the fish will be caught on lures. The schools are generally fast moving and will often be mixed in with big striped tuna. Don't forget to be ready for that big blue marlin to hit the lures as they love chasing & feeding on these schools of fish.

Last season we caught our first decent yellowfin during the middle of May & caught our last on the 24th of September. We also caught our last marlin on the 4th of June last year. If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers

Damo

Hi JMS,

Good to see you on Fishraider - nice king!

There are a few small yellowfin around at the moment up around the Norah Canyons & some reports of a few larger fish out of Narooma & Bermi but not in any numbers. Predominately this time of year most of the fish will be caught on lures. The schools are generally fast moving and will often be mixed in with big striped tuna. Don't forget to be ready for that big blue marlin to hit the lures as they love chasing & feeding on these schools of fish.

Last season we caught our first decent yellowfin during the middle of May & caught our last on the 24th of September. We also caught our last marlin on the 4th of June last year. If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers

Damo

Thanks for that report Damo. Im off to look for some big blues this weekend and hopefully we might see a couple of tuna

Mmm, this thread is getting me very excited. I scored a 2 day trip out of Merimbula in june for $220, chasing marlin and tuna. Please fishing god, let me catch 1,AND make the time till then go fast...

In June you will be sure to find tuna's of various sorts. Marlin will be long gone unfortunately as the colder waters will be here. Even if you don't do any good out wide there are plenty of waterways locally that will see you getting onto some stonkers. There have been a few metre plus flatties pulled out of the lake and Moggy this year plus a good few jews have been raising their ugly heads. Either way you wont regret a trip down here for a fish. :thumbup: