Water in the transom

plummo

Hi Guy's

In need of some advice.

I am in the process of installing my new down-scanner.

Drilling the pilot holes for the bracket and water starts to come out.

Not a great deal, probably a 7 ounce glass full.

Is this normal or should I be looking for a problem?

I have not been out on the water for a couple of months and always take the bung out at the boat ramp.

Cheers, Clive

Is it a fiberglass boat ? , if so , yes it's a problem , not so much for the amount of water but it means water is leaking in , most likely around the bung hole area , & FG boats normally have an internal timber frame inside the transom which can rot over a period of time & as such weaken the transom area.

It needs to be fixed.

Geoff

just check that the boat is on enough of an angle for the water to drain away after it rains.

with our boat if you put the bungs in at home and take the out at the ramp about 20-50lts of water comes out after a descent rain..

Thank you for the advice.

I take the bungs out at the ramp and don't put them back until ready to leave next trip.

I'll have it checked out ASAP.

I live in the Blacktown area if anyone a reputable place to go it would be appreciated.

Cheers, Clive

I got lucky.

The guy's that Geoff pointed me to didn't do fb's so I put it on hold for a couple of days.

Then I was just fixing up a bit of wiring and noticed a hole that had been drilled from the inside and filled with silicone that had perished. Pretty sure that has fixed the prob.

Thanks for the assistance Geoff.

Cheers, Clive