Bluefish Point

dwan8337

Hi guys,

Still inside a lecture.. :beersmile:

Anyways, this is just a general Bluefish report with no particular time frame, mainly because I forgot when.

Usually the boys meet up at my place at 2:30am. Pick up Yakkas from the local wharf for about an hour or so. We usually head down the rocks with 30 livies which equates to 3 x 20L buckets full. Every time we seem to forget about the grueling trek down in literal darkness despite being pumped up about the trip the night before.

Getting down from my POV is probably the best part of the trip just purely because if you don't work as a team, you're as good as screwed. You really appreciate the value of a committed fishing buddy (Probably just as hard to come by as an awesome wife :1prop: ). Especially when you pass that bucket loaded with livies down to him and him to you, all the while balancing the gaff,rods,gear and bait.

Once down you feel like your'e on top of the world until you walk around the corner and see 8 other guys already with their setup whipped out spinning into the darkness :074: . (Photos are of the perfect day! not the day just described)

One thing I noticed with Rock fishing, maybe everyone knows already!, is that when the crappy fish hang around (your sweep, rock cod etc) you know your day is going to be slow.

Blowup pool is essential to live baiting of the rocks, mainly because it makes you feel like a pro! and if you feel like a pro, you fish like a pro :thumbup:

Berley up, bring in the Yakkas, remembering actions brings in more action. Dump your livie out under a float whilst trying different rigging techniques, depending on how the Kingy's are taking them on the day. Then hold on for dear life :1yikes:

Here are some photos of our Adventures maybe not from the same day I don't think. In one of the photos, Adrian was onto a 1m+ King, not a chance even on a Stella 8000 matched to a 15kg Live fibre. Coincidentally, after being butt-raped by the Sydney Hoodlum, we found a hole 5cm across under the right butt-cheek of Adrian HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

The Action was thick and fast so Didn't really have time to take too many photos of the action.

post-17226-014194700 1333067966_thumb.jpg

post-17226-020644900 1333067990_thumb.jpg

post-17226-085549000 1333068094_thumb.jpg

post-17226-052315500 1333068289_thumb.jpg

post-17226-097834300 1333068305_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Dwan8337,

If that kingie did such an awful thing to Adrian's derriere, perhaps you were actually fishing just below long bay jail ?

Think about it....

Mate I had a good laugh at the imagery, but maybe you could have said that he got smoked.

Great photos and mate you guys must be keen to do the LBG thing these days, especially climbing like that in the darkness....

So have you got any decent kingies in on that spot ?

or do you constantly get rap.....er I mean smoked ?

Tony

Hey Dwan8337,

If that kingie did such an awful thing to Adrian's derriere, perhaps you were actually fishing just below long bay jail ?

Think about it....

Mate I had a good laugh at the imagery, but maybe you could have said that he got smoked.

Great photos and mate you guys must be keen to do the LBG thing these days, especially climbing like that in the darkness....

So have you got any decent kingies in on that spot ?

or do you constantly get rap.....er I mean smoked ?

Tony

My bad! We use that term a lot between our selves. It's smoked from now on! We're keen as they get. When I first met him we fished 5 days straight. Passed out after that of course. The guy calls his facebook, fishbook.

Every week we went from Mid December last year till Mid February has been "best day ever". We get smoked every session, Maybe we're not experienced enough to land them consistently but you face the dilemma of should i take my time and risk getting reefed 30m out...or skull it in and risk it diving under the ledge. Right on Legal, no problems, 1M+ we just get smoked for the hell of it.

At one point we saw some guys hook up onto monster kings on live bonitos....cannot imagine the size of those. Obviously never even saw colour. Bloke had Saltiga 6500 and it took drag like a king would on my bream gear. All you saw was a balloon moving off.

I see heaps of boats trolling pass there but not down rig. By the way I'm holding onto footage of a striped marlin hookup 50m off bluefish point. Its like 500 megs don't know what to do with it, want to show fellow raiders :ranting2:

Good to see the lecture is keeping you entertained mate.

Thanks for the report though.

No worries mate now I understand what lectures are for!~

Great reports, keep them coming.

Looks like you guys have a ball doing it.

Cheers bud!

Dwan,

The marlin footage can be put onto Youtube.

You need to convert it from your current format into .FLV format.

Some cameras have a conversion facility that will do it and then upload.

The 500Mb file will shrink down to maybe a quarter of the size.....

Then post the youtube link here in your report...

Jeez you guys are keen.

Go as hard as you can while young coz once you get older, your respective wives may not be as keen as you are...

You will need to relive your experience s via video and photos !

But that's a long way off yet...

Guest hawkesbass

Just a word of warning regarding bluefish point it is a dangerous spot to fish at times and extreme care must be taken at all the ledges here. the walking track in can be slippery after rain and parts of the track can dislodge out from under your feet so be carefull. Swell direction, size of the swell and tides must be taken into account aswell as the ledges at bluefish are low to the water and if you travel around to the front of the ledge facing east at high tide the only way out is a narrow high track no more than a foot wide and it is slippery in parts a fall can happen easily and mobile reception is basically non existent below the cliff so if anything happens someone will have to run pretty quick back up the access track to call for help the fishing can be good at bluefish but if you are not experienced at rock fishing or have never been there then go with someone who has as they can explain how and where to fish there safely i fish at bluefish at all the ledges along the headland and never go alone and only in the right conditions as with all rock fishing stay safe and be able to go home to your loved ones

Just a word of warning regarding bluefish point it is a dangerous spot to fish at times and extreme care must be taken at all the ledges here. the walking track in can be slippery after rain and parts of the track can dislodge out from under your feet so be carefull. Swell direction, size of the swell and tides must be taken into account aswell as the ledges at bluefish are low to the water and if you travel around to the front of the ledge facing east at high tide the only way out is a narrow high track no more than a foot wide and it is slippery in parts a fall can happen easily and mobile reception is basically non existent below the cliff so if anything happens someone will have to run pretty quick back up the access track to call for help the fishing can be good at bluefish but if you are not experienced at rock fishing or have never been there then go with someone who has as they can explain how and where to fish there safely i fish at bluefish at all the ledges along the headland and never go alone and only in the right conditions as with all rock fishing stay safe and be able to go home to your loved ones

Well said, my mate and I went to fish it on Saturday, swell report was under a meter. We got to the top of the ledge and seen waves taking it out due to the full east swell direction. Mongrel of a walk out when you haven't even got a cast in, but i'd rather be alive. Went down to Old Mans Hat instead where there was zero swell. Zero fish too. :thumbdown: