BB FAD

mrpasqualie

Hi Raiders

Did not expect to get out so far on Saturday but the wind held off and had a beautiful run at 8 knots. Grabbed 10 livies from West Head at 7:30.A little king and a big sambo grabbed half floated pillies in the berley trail, site fishing is great fun. , trolled straight out for some great little mack tuna for bait. Got to the FAD which had 4 boats around it , no one catching anything. Trolled past and out into the blue after throwing out about a kilo of cubed bonito to stir things up. Had a little mack skip bait trolling behind for some time there and back for no action. Came back past the FAD all boats gone. Sat just west in no current in pretty much the same spot for an hour, with three livies on unweighted light lines.Caught 4 beautiful dollies, let half a dozen go. They were extremely finicky.Didnt see the bull.Cleaned the dollies this morning, all four had the cubed bonito in there tummies, plus several of the other guys yellowtail. Didnt take photos sorry, but thought you might think journey might be worth it at Easter.

Tight lines!

Nice report mate, did you happen to give any fish away ? My mum said her neighbor gave her dolphin fish tonight and she cooked it up, could be a coincidence ?

I also got out off Broken Bay on Saturday with mate Wodders, we were heading out to the FAD when I found my marine radio wasn't working. Decided it wasn't worth the risk given the wind was stronger than forecast and headed back in with only a 50cm flatty to account for the time. Disappointed to find that I've missed a chance to grab a dollie. We also got a mack tuna off Barrenjoey near the Valiant wreck.

I did get a pretty cool pic of the fog coming out of the Hawkesbury and over Barrenjoey on the way out.

post-13316-095801700 1333595561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Canary05