Botany Bay Sat 31/3

Aqua Naut

post-8911-097216100 1333285488_thumb.jpgWell Saturday arvo and what a day it was so Kev and I decided to take the kids out for a troll and with light winds and just a touch of swell we managed a great 2 hours of fun. Trolled over the same area several times and the sounder was alive with life beneath the boat with the water temp climbing to 23.1oC :biggrin2: we got stuck into it. Mack Tunas decided to pop in close as well as the bonitos and we managed 12 within 1 hour. all around the 45 to 55 cm mark :thumbup: . Great to see the warm water pushing in close so I rekon its time to head out for some big stuff. Tight Lines!!! :1fishing1: Edited by Aqua Naut

i caught a mac on saturday and has it raw with wasabi..... tastes just like yellow fin, nice red flesh.

Trying to catch more of it, straight away i kept it in the esky in ice so i can take it home and have it raw.

Nice catch there.... i would love to have more of mac... tastes great!

I noticed you kept the mack tunas in the photo. I got one yesterday and let him go thinking they weren't great tucka. Are they? Or did you keep them for bait purposes?

Yep like eastwoods reply they are great tucker. Only kept 2 macs to eat and 2 bonitos. Filleted them and soaked overnight in a dish with lemon juice then fry them up next day.....beautiful

Yep like eastwoods reply they are great tucker. Only kept 2 macs to eat and 2 bonitos. Filleted them and soaked overnight in a dish with lemon juice then fry them up next day.....beautiful

Regretting putting him back now! Have to keep that in mind for the future!

Tom