Sydney Trout

covanova

I read once the area around fitzroy falls held fish....true?

For something strange, the old periodicals that I used to get (you know the ones you get that add up to a whole set in a binder if you collected them all) talked about sea-run trout being caught at queenscliff lagoon. I would have thought it was too warm, but the hypothesis put forward was that they escaped from the dam after a short-lived stocking programme.

I read once the area around fitzroy falls held fish....true?

For something strange, the old periodicals that I used to get (you know the ones you get that add up to a whole set in a binder if you collected them all) talked about sea-run trout being caught at queenscliff lagoon. I would have thought it was too warm, but the hypothesis put forward was that they escaped from the dam after a short-lived stocking programme.

56014[/snapback]

Fitzroy Falls dam holds a few trout and bass, but your options are limited as it only allows fishing from selected areas, and landbased... unfortunatly many of these areas are quite shallow and you rarely see fish. I have not landed a trout there, although did manage a few bass last summer.

cheers

Chris

I think your best bet is the Lakes up around Lithgow and maybe Wentworth Falls. The Lithgow Lakes (Lyell, Thompsons Creek and Wallace) all hold good populations of Trout and are all about 2 hours drive from Sydney. Oberon is a little further out but has a reputation as a great Trout fishery.

Of course in the open season the rivers and streams of the Blue Mountains also hold fish (dependant on water flow) so are also worth investigating.

Cheers

Windy