Fingermark Pb

Hi all

With Uni over for the semester Ive found myself with a little more spare time for fishing. Ive been landing plenty of GTs and small Barra around town but the bigguns still elude me.

I Went out with Barrymundi today to hit a few marks around Magnetic island. The weather was great and we quickly found heaps of barracuda, estuary cod and lizard fish, but the highlight for me was a pb Fingermark. I called it for a trevor, but after a lengthy dogged fight down deep, the gold/brown shoulder flashed over with the distinctive thumbprint. 66 cm and 4.5 kg. To say I was pleased would be an understatement... The good old 4inch minnow in smelt did the trick.

Cheers

Matt. :biggrin2:

post-162-1120300125_thumb.jpg

Edited by junglejunky

Thanks fellas,

Swoff the alphas was screaming, but it handled it no worries.... You'd be suprised at how chilly it can get up here, early in the morning. By 9 - 10 am though, you end up strippin back to t-shirt and shorts.

Tim, a lizard fish is very similar to a flathead in both appearance and behaviour (The head is more like a goby though). It's a benthic (bottom dwelling) fish, very aggressive, and will hit just about any lure.

J.D. I think that'd be fascinating, particularly for us fishos, but convincing the producers is another story... Ill try... :biggrin2: I did push for a story on adaptations and defence mechanisms, but so far no go.... hopefully one day.

He's a FNQ'er now Swoff, anything below 27 degrees and he's shivering cold! :074:

56618[/snapback]

Don't laugh, :074: the day did start off rather crappy with a real southern nip in the air, but by 9 or 10 it was back to normal. Been blowing ever since then though.

Good to see Matt collecting a few new species to cross off his northern "hit list" :1fishing1: .

Edited by Barry Mundi