jew bait

mii11x

hi raiders,

i caught a half decent tailor today at 48cm(my personal best too), was wondering how long i could leave it in fridge and still use as multiple jew baits. I wont be able to get out either tonight or tomorrow night. my next trip will be on fri night, is this too long to keep it as a bait.

i use live yakkas/mullet and live/freshly caught squid to target my jews.

just wondering if i should eat it or bait it lol i would prefer bait if it will keep ok till friday. is there something i could be doing to keep it fresh-ish. i have bled and gutted it already which may not have been a great idea.

any thoughts are welcomed.

cheers

mick

Bled and gutted i'd eat it, it's easy to get live poddys, yakkas and squid anyway.

you could always chuck on a gulp and get 1000000 chopper tailor when you're out anyway

if i use tailor bait, they have always been legal size, i could count on one hand how many legal tailor i have caught and used as bait straight away. so its no good bled and gutted for bait???

Eat one fillet while still fresh.

With the other fillet (or both if you don't want to eat it) add plenty of salt to both sides and the salt will remove a lot of moisture from the meat (leave in fridge). Drain the fillets after 12 to 24 hours and place into a plastic bag and into the fridge. Will keep for a few days, or can be frozen. Have used frozen tailor fillets after 6 months or more, and still catch fish on them, if I don't have any fresh bait.

A tailor fillet of that size can be cut into wide strips to make a few jew baits.

Yowie.