Hard Work On The Harbour!

Guest Jewel

Guest Jewel

What a great start to the morning Brad and I drop the boat in expecting a good days fishingbut the bloody wind is up before us and cold , and a couple of lads in a Blackhawk didnt like us looking at their boat.

So we got buzzed and decided that moving on was a wise idea!

The morning was spent around the lower harbour for a few small to average bream bream, a couple of flatties and a PB longtom for brad 45cm (damned hard to measure!)

The weather turned ugly around lunch so we headed up river in search of somewhere a little sheltered to see out the afternoon. After assorted spots we have ended up around Iron Cove where Brad got royally smoked by an unstoppable with a hunger for bass minnows! Much to his disgust I dragged this beastie from under a boat not long after, a new PB at 43cm.

All up a pleasant day out but we had to work hard for the fish.

Guest Jewel

The little bugger put up a great fight for a smallish fish, leaping about and was pretty cranky in the boat before he went back in the drink!

Guest fishrunner

Yeah a good day was had!

Well done on the pb again :1clap:

Those blackhawks weren't the friendliest! :gun_bandana::harhar:

good post,

cheers

Congrats on a fantastic Bream. I used to catch Bream like that when i had a cruiser berthed at the marina just south of the Gladesville bridge. They were always there between the fingers.

Harold

Nice one, Jewel!

I had the same experience yesterday. I suddenly thought to myself; "hang on, single bloke in small vessel, moving fast, heading straight up the harbour towards the Kittyhawk..."

Turned left into Neutral Bay pretty smartish as those big, angry-looking birds came buzzing across the water towards me!

Fantastic fish, mate. I so nearly decided to hit Iron Cove yesterday. Wish I had now...