Port Botony

adjustedpete

I went to Port Botany for a land based flick off the wall and security told me that there is no more fishing there due to idiots getting hurt and they are sick of ringing the ambo's..Signs will be erected this week. Another good fishing spot gone. Not long before we have none left...

Guest Aussie007

those walls are dangerous i went there about 4 years ago with the intentions of climbing down and having a fish when u are right in front of those T block things there massive they look small from a boat but they are actually as tall if not than a human and are very hard to climb down i went down a couple of meters we decided to head back up and find a more safer spot

Just stay away from that place, whilst fishing there one day on my boat, i saw a guy disappear with 2 rods and a bucket down one of the huge gaps between these concrete blocks...

About 5 minutes had passed when I was about to reach for my phone he emerged battered and bruised, no fishing rods,no bucket, he slowly made his way to the top and left.

Not to mention iv been seeing seals there recently, what are you gonna do when a 200kg seal pops up on the block next to you and wants to steal your pilchards, you do not actually realise how big these buggers are until they are right next to you.

Fishingphase

Edited by fishingphase

Not to mention iv been seeing seals there recently, what are you gonna do when a 200kg seal pops up on the block next to you and wants to steal your pilchards, you do not actually realise how big these buggers are until they are right next to you.

Fishingphase

UM! Here you go mate. Would you like me to clean them for you as well? :blink:

And then make a mad dash up the wall and pray you don't fall between the gaps. OUCH!

It is a good fishing spot just hard to fish on your own as you need to use both hands to go down safely, I usually go with cuzin there so its okay but once after work i went solo and holding things with both hands i was stuffed went down half way and i said to myself get back up fast as i had a gut feeling i would of fell in :) quickly went back up but defintley still another decent place gone i have given up on land based for this reason. I dont understand whats so hard with all sydney waters for the councils to erect some wharfs that go out out around 50 metres to give us more opturnity for fishing. When i use to live in QLD i use to fish of a wharf past sea world that goes out in the ocean more than 1km it gave hundred of anglers an opurtunity to fish. Also I go fishing with the family to forsters - tuncurry for the reason there is so many land based spots for the kids to enjoy even in holiday season.