Inflatable PFD's

smuggler

G'day guys,

Not sure if everyone is aware,I wasn't and none of my fellow fishing mates or the guys at the marina were but the pfd's that you wear are required to be in test or a servicing period.I was informed of this when pulled up by waterways in Gymea bay yesterday.Inside the jacket near the canister is a test date.My jacket was out of date 6 months before I bought it! So it was at least 18 months between manufacture and purchase.If you buy one open it first and make sure its in date.

Also I was in my 4.5 meter Brooker seaman which I was made aware must have on board a paddle,bucket and lanyard,whistle and waterproof torch.It was middle of the day and i didn't have a torch or whistle.Just be aware of what you are required to carry on board.Hope this helps fellow raiders.

Cheers.

G'day guys,

Not sure if everyone is aware,I wasn't and none of my fellow fishing mates or the guys at the marina were but the pfd's that you wear are required to be in test or a servicing period.I was informed of this when pulled up by waterways in Gymea bay yesterday.Inside the jacket near the canister is a test date.My jacket was out of date 6 months before I bought it! So it was at least 18 months between manufacture and purchase.If you buy one open it first and make sure its in date.

Also I was in my 4.5 meter Brooker seaman which I was made aware must have on board a paddle,bucket and lanyard,whistle and waterproof torch.It was middle of the day and i didn't have a torch or whistle.Just be aware of what you are required to carry on board.Hope this helps fellow raiders.

Cheers.

BOATING HANDBOOK - SAFETY EQUIPMENT