Kingfish (which I didn't catch) at Gymea Bay Bath Reserve

ffallcve

Thanks Stingerz...

Appreciate everyone's input...

If there's one thing I love it's info overload, hence providing all the info on my trek with pictures...

I'm still trolling thru posts etc to find additional spots to fish from but still notice some raiders keep their spots close to their chest...

If anyone's willing to share a spot of two for a noob, even if you wanna send me a message, again, welcoming all advice...

And I've taken a look at purchasing the Dummies book for fishing, and am seriously considering the purchase...the more info the better...

Hi Al

We have caught pillies and yakka on the sabiki rigs at Gymea Bay.I buy a 30kg bag of chook pellets for under $20 and mix about 1kg of it at a time with tuna oil.

I throw a small handful of the pellets in the water, then lower my sabiki rigs to the bottom. At Gymea Bay, I've found I get more yakka just off the bottom.

Hi

Baitfish could be poddy mullet, but was srprised nobody raised possibility of herring. These are often found around these bays and are a thinner deaper fish and look like pillies in the water. Best caught with a actively jigged bait jig and top bait if you can get them.

Guest Aussie007

So you can get yakkas at the baths in the morning? What's the best time..pre dawn i assume?

u can get yakkas any time u like just berley u will get a lot of bi catch like leather jacket,sweep,toadies,bream and snapper etc... just be persistent and use a tough bait like squid that stays on the hook for long