Pittwater report

adjustedpete

Went out again early this morning,looking to troll for something big as we had plenty of fish to eat already.The weather left something to be desired, but when your on a roll..... Trolled Barrenjoey and Palm beach in a BIG swell and soon decided that was no fun at all and headed back in to calmer waters. The decision was made to head over to juno and see if anything was going to pop up. We sat around dropping number 4 baitholders on small sinkers to see if any bream were interested.Suddenly 100 mtrs away the birds start to work, so we took off for a look, fishkiller with his number 4 baitholder and a bit of tailor on it casts towards the working birds, not even close and he hooks up on a 2.5kg sambo on 12lb mono, no show for the sambo. I was thinking that we should just go home via Patonga pub and call it a day. The decision was made to take off for home, unfortunately for me fishkiller wasn't interested in patonga, so it was homeward bound.On the way home we decided to have a drift over the weed beds at palmie. We went for the plastics this time.On the third cast I hooked up to what I thought was a sambo, it was taking some serious line off my flick stick/ 6lb mono, so i turned the drag up a notch to stop it running off with all my line. It made a pass along side the boat and turned back still peeling line off.After a couple of minutes I had it up close enough to see it was a big bream.My heart rate went up ALOT. My god, a stonker.I finally got to the boat and netted this 38cm bream.. A PB for me.....Now I can go home, head held high...

post-2999-027549700 1336293409_thumb.jpg