Come on Parra

Left work for sneaky session on the Parra river for a bit of field testing and being such a nice day it was just to hard to resist. The plan was to hit some flats and try some new gear but it was pretty quiet. Went looking for some current and tried the bank I had success on last time. This was not happening either, but kept casting the atomic crank and got a good thick set fish 34cm fork. Moved to opposite bank and this is where it came good. Legal, another cracker same lenght but even fatter, a smoking and then sight casting to groups of half dozen or so bream high up in the water colum that were under pylons with a plastic :biggrin2:

Went further up the river past Gladesville and caught a big Salmon of all things in the dirty water practically from under a pontoon :wacko: . Had a quick stop at road bridge but electric was out of juice or playing up and called it a day.

Cheers Dave and go the Eels

are there many salmon in parra river usually ?

You will get your occasional salmon round there we once caught a king fish off pilchards just off the grass area at abbotsford wharf :)

sweet i might have to check it out :)

Hey Nick , the Salmon move around a lot same as kings , I would be a lot more likely to target jew , plenty of schoolies in the parra and in my opinion they are a much better fish and they are there more often and easier to target.