Middle Harbour - Tailor

pacoyo

Hey All,

Went out for a couple of nights mid week, Tues and Thurs chasing some Jewies.

Fished around middle harbour.

No luck on the jews but landed several nice tailor. All were taken on live yakkas.

Ended up keeping two for a feed. Have a average phone pic that ill add when I am not at work.

Got one solid hit on a live tailor bout 35cm. Took line for a second or two before dropping the bait.

There were no teeth marks at all on the livie so I guessing it wasnt a monster tailor.

Hey All,

Went out for a couple of nights mid week, Tues and Thurs chasing some Jewies.

Fished around middle harbour.

No luck on the jews but landed several nice tailor. All were taken on live yakkas.

Ended up keeping two for a feed. Have a average phone pic that ill add when I am not at work.

Got one solid hit on a live tailor bout 35cm. Took line for a second or two before dropping the bait.

There were no teeth marks at all on the livie so I guessing it wasnt a monster tailor.

Probably that Jew you were waiting for!!! :1yikes:

Yeah there really is a lot of tailor about at the moment.

I was a little gutted when i pulled in the livie to see no great teeth marks.

That plus pulling line of a pe4 setup had me thinking it may have been the fish i was chasing.

Ahh well will be back next week.

I've had some good runs and no hook ups while targeting the jewie as well and with no bite marks on the bait. I put the problem towards a loose drag and the fish dropping the bait or I've pulled the bait out of it's mouth. After getting some great advise from one of the other raiders I've tightened my drag up and if using circles, they are hooking themselves. :biggrin2:

I've had some good runs and no hook ups while targeting the jewie as well and with no bite marks on the bait. I put the problem towards a loose drag and the fish dropping the bait or I've pulled the bait out of it's mouth. After getting some great advise from one of the other raiders I've tightened my drag up and if using circles, they are hooking themselves. :biggrin2:

Yeah agree, I always fish a set drag for jewies. U have to just hope a hook sets. Loose drag or free spool they will drop it most of the time.

Interesting sort of bite. I'd have thought a jewie would have left teeth marks. They are normally very obvious on a tailor and the Jew would have to use its teeth to run off with your bait. Maybe it is just your bait getting spooked. A 30cm + tailor might take some drag if it is being harassed and if the drag is a bit light.