Fixed my boat :)

rigga

Hi Raiders, long time reader so i thought i would make a thread sorry about it being to long :)

Over the past year and a bit i have always been going land-based fishing with a couple of mates as a nice way of relaxing and passing the time while chatting about life and catching a few fish here and there. As Me and my mates really enjoy a fun day of fishing but slowly getting over the land-based fishing purely because they are all under 20cm fish and nothing of huge excitement. (we are hopeless fisherman)

yjIAL.jpg?1

I decided to fix my grandfathers old 13ft dinghy which hadn't been used over 9 years:) over a period of 3-4 months, having no backgorund in fixing anything related to boats i turned to youtube tutorials and fellow fish raider member "bentstick" to help me fix the boat 100% 'Thanks silvo'. All that was needed to fix the boat was to clean the boat, (finding 9 year old prawns) getting the powerful 6hp motor started again and replace the trailer bearings/seals and buy a new fueltank/fuelines and breather.

The titanic makes its return

ZEocK.jpg?1

6JGpM.jpg?1

For me completing this project all by myself was very exciting as today i took the boat out for its first run in 9 years to Thomas ugly bridge and captin cook bridge and i was all smiles as everything worked beautifully and mainly because it was the first time i have been with my dad fishing in 9 years. we were laughing all day and cant wait to go again with him. we ended up getting about 7 tailor the biggest going 28 cm with a massive fish bite on it. a trav going 36cm a 29cm bream and a 28cm whiting.

rGQW9.jpg?1

6Xbcp.jpg?1

Edited by rigga

That's an awesome story mate. Top effort for fixing the boat and looks like you've done a great job.

You're dads face tells the story of how much fun you guys had. "Priceless"

Thanks matey, he really enjoyed it going fishing for the first time in 7 years. looks like we will be going again saturday or sunday more fun times ahead. :)