Quintrex 420 estuary angler

Michael Feeney

Hi all,

i was looking to buy a boat for me and my son to have some fun in, in our price range and saw the Quintrex 420 estuary angler and it looked pretty good. It is basically all we need, but i was wondering if anyone knew if it is worth the money? only about $15,000. does it ride well etc.

Thanks, Michael.

New second hand ?

Which engine

Which trailer

What extras

Good little river and bay boat for two anglers

new and i have been looking a several different sites, all different types of engines and trailers with the package. mainly a mercury or mariner. on the quintrex site the boat doesnt seem to come with much only an engine no trailer but on hunts marine it comes with a 30hp yamaha and trailer (doesnt say which brand). the standard equipment it comes with are; Transducer bucket, Bungs (40mm X 2), Fuel Tank Rack (Carpeted), Glove Box with Drink Holders, Bow Handles, Carpeted Part Floor, Underfloor Flotation, Transom Handles (2), Front Deck, Anchor Gusset, Windscreen Grabrail, Windscreen 3 Piece, Bench Seat (Rear), Skipper Seat Pedestal, Plastic Seats, Mechanical Steering, Steering Wheel, 3 Year Warranty. what do you think?

I had one for 2 years and depending on what you are doing they are abit to small. we sold ours and bought a second hand Ally Craft Bay Raider for only a little bit more then what you are willing to spend on that Estuary Angler. I found with the boat you are really limited, you can only take it offshore on really good days, no pod or side decks on the boat made it very uncomfortable, the height of the sides and the carpet level take a while to get use to and make you feel uncomfortable in anything about smooth water.
As you can see in this photo, i'm only 55-60kg and the boat moves a fair bit in the water.

And with my current boat, i haven't got a water shot but it's alot more stable. As you can see in the photo there is alot more room in the boat.

Have a look around, you can get alot of good boats around this time of year.

That Estuary Angler would be for that price unpainted, feature a 30hp 2 cylinder 'teeth rather' engine, and not many features inside the boat, maybe a bimini.With Quintrex you are also paying for the name.

A quick search on the web and i found these boats.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=12196469

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=12386383

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=12374984

In saying that there is nothing wrong with the Estuary Angler and you'd be happy with it.

Goodluck mate smile.gif

Edited by quintrex101

Hi michael,

I currently have a quintrex 420 estuary angler millenium hull fitted with a yamaha 30hpcv that i purchased as a bmt package from hunts marine in march 2011.

The boat was purchased for myself and my son also solely to fish the bays and estuaries only.(i don,t fish outside)

Iv,e take mine out to places like port hacking,botany bay,windang and the shoalhaven river and have found it performs well in places like this,as mentioned above it,s best to fish 2 up as it can get quite cramped quickly with more onboard.It is very easy to tow,maintain,store and quite economical.

Hope this helps if you need anymore detailed info feel free to pm me.

Fabian.

mate i think you would get alot better deal and bang for your buck and after sales service than -unts ,give huey (huett marine) a call (site sponsor) and i bet he will do a lot better deal for you cheers dunc333.

Hi, Allycraft have not been in business for a while now so if you are looking at a new Allycraft it will be an old model and back-up will be non existant from the factory. As for the Quintrex, the Stacer range made by the same company, Telwater, offers more bang for your buck in my opinion and for $13,500 drive-away you can get a 429 Seahawk as per the website with a electric start carby 40HP so great value-all new with a canopy included and good qaulity factory made/matched trailer.

If you know what you want send me a PM and I can give you the Raider drive-away price.

Cheers,

Huey.

telwater bought alycraft and shelved the brand

anglapro make a very nice boat but with your 15k budget it wil be tiller steer

for allround size and fitout the 424 chaser with a 30hp suxuki is a awesome boat, about 13k on a decent dunbier trailer (not a piece of chinese crap)

add a electric motor and your set for everythng from bass and trout to bay and inshore fishing

painted full flat floors big and wide and deep and stable

Guest Aussie007

my mate has the older model 2004 seahawk 4.49 awesome boat he takes it outside a lot and plenty of room those first two second hand boats linked look very nice for there price but they are second hand

Guest Aussie007

Just had a look at the 429 seahawk on the stacer site and i can see what you mean. It looks much more stable and a lot more comfortable. Thanks guys, this is why i love this site :thumbup:

nice boats :biggrin2: my mate has a 40hp merc on hes and it flies along even with 5 adults on board so a 30hp would be perfect for the 4.29 and they have a really deep hull for there size :thumbup:

Huey does these as well

They do a model called a buster with side decks and a bit more bling

It's basically a hotted up seahorse

With a 30 you will have change for a sounder etc

Just don't put a no name outboard on it

Hi, the Quintrex Buster and Stacer Rampage are two great value boats and are only for a limited time as I have been told by the people high up at Telwater-that is why they are not on either website, but yes as Juggs said a hotted up Seahorse basically. The Rampage only costs $80 more than the 429 Seahorse but comes with casting deck, transom step and rail, anchor well, side pockets, bow and side rails ALL standard and yes most times we also option up with side decks. I have one here like that at the moment and all new with a 40HP Electric start carby outboard, Stacer trailer and regos is $10K so unbeatable value for a good boat for rivers and bays and they are deep so on good days you can venture out around Lion Island or the like.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Mate,

I have a 420 with a 40hp yammie. I recomend going a 40 and not the 30hp. They are good boats in that they are easy to use and move etc. The quinnies are overpriced in my opinion and after having 2 i will move on to something else next time. For instance mine is a 2005 with sealink trailer, 40hp 2 stroke yammie, live bait tank, downrigger, lowrance sounder, radio, bilge, 240v socket, glovebox x2, heaps of rod holders etc. Decked out fully and when i sell her soon i will only be asking about 9K.I will be selling only to upsize so can go offshore.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Michael, check out the SeaJay range and in particular the 420 Magnum. Much more bang 4 buck value and a very stable boat with excellent freeboard all round ( high sides).

Will work very well with a 30hp or even a 25 depending on weight of occupants and age of the kids etc.

My first boat was a 4.2 Magnum wit a 25 Jonno 2 stroke.

My avatar is the 4.6 Magnum converted to centre console.

Tuffy.

Edited by Tuffy

Hi, the Quintrex Buster and Stacer Rampage are two great value boats and are only for a limited time as I have been told by the people high up at Telwater-that is why they are not on either website, but yes as Juggs said a hotted up Seahorse basically. The Rampage only costs $80 more than the 429 Seahorse but comes with casting deck, transom step and rail, anchor well, side pockets, bow and side rails ALL standard and yes most times we also option up with side decks. I have one here like that at the moment and all new with a 40HP Electric start carby outboard, Stacer trailer and regos is $10K so unbeatable value for a good boat for rivers and bays and they are deep so on good days you can venture out around Lion Island or the like.

Cheers,

Huey.

This is a very good deal and is a perfect all rounder for you starting out. If you were thinking of the estuary angler this will be more versatile and at 2/3 of the cost. Try and get it with the wide gunnells, many of the bustas seem to have these.