Squids and a few fish

Formosan

Hi Guys

Been catching some squids to DR, Happy to find that the Shimano Keimuras worked this time.

Anyways ended up with a Sambo, a Rat and 2 large tailors. Had a massive take that was either unstoppable or my new deckie did not lock up the drag. On close inspection the drag was on reasonably tight. It was taking to much line as I was driving out.

The Tailor nicked my leader on the Saltiga so we opted for the Saltist 5000 instead. Was fighting in pretty close quarters so mental note for next time, have to fully lock the drag up if we want to land these big buggers. Skull drag them like Quinnie480 :).

Here some squid pics , didn't take the pics of the other fish as we were in a hurry to bleed them or check them over the side. Bump into Dan76 at Mollie and he was looking like he was targeting snapper :).

post-7044-004217100 1336899989_thumb.png

post-7044-079743800 1336900035_thumb.png

Edited by Formosan

nice squid dude, understand it was a tough day, good on you for sticking to the plan and ending up with several inkers.

but that's what you get for mucking around with these hoodlums, lock the drag, haul them outta there and then reel them in. :biggrin2:

If you didn't see how it was done on my previous video, I'll show you again this week hahaha :biggrin2:

nice squid dude, understand it was a tough day, good on you for sticking to the plan and ending up with several inkers.

but that's what you get for mucking around with these hoodlums, lock the drag, haul them outta there and then reel them in. :biggrin2:

If you didn't see how it was done on my previous video, I'll show you again this week hahaha :biggrin2:

I think Formosan is just getting a bit soft these days... 12kg of drag is giving him back pain so he is backing it off to 2kg instead :074:

Crazy bastard heading out in today's condition... you deserved the squid for being so keen :biggrin2:

See you all out there next weekend.. forecast looking great

Trung

I think Formosan is just getting a bit soft these days... 12kg of drag is giving him back pain so he is backing it off to 2kg instead :074:

Crazy bastard heading out in today's condition... you deserved the squid for being so keen :biggrin2:

Trung

AHAHAHA I've never thought of that, yeah! BIG WUSS! setting the drag down to make it easier on your back.

He forgot to mention that his report is for Saturday not today, he's a fishing nut but not that crazy to go out in today's conditions.

yeah weekend looks great, let's hope the forecast remains the same

AHAHAHA I've never thought of that, yeah! BIG WUSS! setting the drag down to make it easier on your back.

He forgot to mention that his report is for Saturday not today, he's a fishing nut but not that crazy to go out in today's conditions.

and he was wonder why the live squid at the end of his line was pulling drag on it's own! SOFT SOFT ! hahahah !!!

Edited by dhype

Hmm! I can't guess. Can you give us a clue?

Great catch!

Where captain cook landed.

Nice bag of squid. How long do you recon the kings will be in close for ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure mate but sound them out and drag a squid across their noses.

Thats some nice squid.

Your brave if you headed out today with this weather, great catch and you still got a feed.

its good to see there is still large fish around and some tailor as well.

Was saturday, was blowy in the morning but settled down in the arvo.

Nice catch athony

Shame about the king getting away. Allways next week then you can get your hooks back lol

Or I might find your hooks first. :)

but that's what you get for mucking around with these hoodlums, lock the drag, haul them outta there and then reel them in.

If you didn't see how it was done on my previous video, I'll show you again this week hahaha

Whats the link again? :)

I think Formosan is just getting a bit soft these days... 12kg of drag is giving him back pain so he is backing it off to 2kg instead

Trung

I never see you around anymore.

Yeh! as you might of seen in the video a little 80 cms king nearly pulled me over board. :)

Or use your boat to fight the fish and then reel him in with ease. :074:

and he was wonder why the live squid at the end of his line was pulling drag on it's own! SOFT SOFT ! hahahah !!!

Yeah the back has been through abit this season with a few 110cms. :biggrin2:

Edited by Formosan

Hi Formosan,

Well done on the squids and down rigging them for your catch. Do you down rig with live squid or is fresh caught squid just as good when DRing for kingfish?

Many thanks.

Regards Kit

Hey Cruisecraft.

Fresh is not best, Live is best but Fresh is not bad, :biggrin2: I would pierce the ink sac if they are dead and pull it around. If the live squid is too big, just pull around the head or half the head.

Hey Cruisecraft.

Fresh is not best, Live is best but Fresh is not bad, :biggrin2: I would pierce the ink sac if they are dead and pull it around. If the live squid is too big, just pull around the head or half the head.

Thanks for the reply and advice.

Regards Kit