Sydney Offshore Boat Trip

PowerFisher

Headed out of Sydney heads today for an offshore trip.

The day started off not as planned was supposed to be on the water from 12 midday until sunset. Left home at 12 and with all this traffic on a Saturday by the time got to Drummoyne boat ramp and out to the heads it was already 2pm. The swell couldnt be better than today it was better than inside the harbour. Got to a spot which we spotted fish on the sounder and the anchor wouldn’t hold so put further chain on the anchor and it sorted it out. As soon as we started fishing it went well, using squid mostly as bait we did not too bad and we had a school of jewfish go past because within 20 minutes we picked up 4 jewfish around the 70cm mark.

I hooked something big straight after the last jewfish was caught and can tell this was big and would be a PB, I believe it to be definitely a large kingfish or Jewfish after a 10 minute battle with heavy tackle it was so close under the boat I did not see it and as usually happens we had 4 other rods out in the water and too excited to take them out, it wrapped around the lines and while trying to fight the fish and untangle the braid I got reefed on the bottom under the boat.

I learned my lesson and always if a big fish is on get everyone to take the lines out if there close. OTher than that it was a good mixed species of fish caught.

ITs going to be a good fishing this winter offshore and can’t wait till the big snappers arrive in the next couple of months.

post-15751-076983500 1337425603_thumb.jpg

post-15751-082490000 1337425631_thumb.jpg

ITs going to be a good fishing this winter offshore and can’t wait till the big snappers arrive in the next couple of months.

Hope so!!!

Nice bag, shame about the big one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope so!!!

Nice bag, shame about the big one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice haul there mate, yep those Teraglin are sensational eating, lovely white tender fillets.

Looks like you were fishing the MUGS bud, what depth did you fish at?

Cant wait for LONG REEF SNAPPER in close soon hey. Heard the boys are getting 2KG snapper in close again in large numbers already.

Butch

Nice haul there mate, yep those Teraglin are sensational eating, lovely white tender fillets.

Looks like you were fishing the MUGS bud, what depth did you fish at?

Cant wait for LONG REEF SNAPPER in close soon hey. Heard the boys are getting 2KG snapper in close again in large numbers already.

Butch

We baked the Teraglin yesterday they are top table fish to eat

we were fishing from around 48-52 meters.

The kings were big this year than average and im hoping the same at long reef and the other reefs around that area will hold above size snapper this year.