Off Cronulla Monday

grandad

Put the boat in at 7-30 tried the reefs off Cronulla. Caught a bonito on the way out so had fresh bait. Nothing exiting on the sounder, put 4 baits down, not one hit the bottom, all hooks lost to the Jackets. Moved to the Marley Wreck, caught a nice Salmon 60 cm which was returned. Lost more rigs to the Jackets so moved down to the Garie wreck not much there. Drifted for Flathead between Wattamolla and Garie, not much current but was drifting fast due to the wind. Got 5 keepers out of the 20 or so that were caught. Got sick of re-rigging and loosing hooks. Managed another 3 bonito on the way back, still a good day out.

Grandad

post-12725-044466800 1337680286_thumb.jpg

A good feed there, hopefully the snapper will come out to play soon.

At least the jackets can be eaten, not like the toads...

I Love eating jackets nice and sweet. Kids love them to no small bones and taste great with light flowering and in the fry pan for a few mins. They are a blessing in disguise if you look at it that way. But great catch there will go well on a BBQ with a :beersmile:

i feel sorry for jackets sometimes, they have everything you look for in a fish except they are just so boring to catch some of the best meat to eat, heaps of them and no limits. like most people, i admit that once we have boated two or three we start moving around to find other fish

i feel sorry for jackets sometimes, they have everything you look for in a fish except they are just so boring to catch some of the best meat to eat, heaps of them and no limits. like most people, i admit that once we have boated two or three we start moving around to find other fish

They are the best for kids to learn to fish. Plus it is a good way for them to learn to respect fish with then having a nice set of teeth and the spike on there head. Plus my nephews love skinning them personally i love them. Whats the old saying never judge a book by its cover....

I must admit that if there is nothing else around to take home, I change to smaller long shank hooks and take a few jackets home. you dont have to search for them, and they are not fussy what they eat.

Grandad