Day off ! Solo botany run today

Nick1987k

Hey nick,

I knocked from work early as well and almost took the boat out! What ashame I didn't could of meet up. Conditions look great. Good luck mate. Hope you do well. Try givin molli a go I seem to do ok there in the avos

Cheers

Daniel

Mate peak was quiet as jus sounded around a little not much bait or schools of fish to wat I could read !! Water temp was around 21.5 ! Wat do u look for on the sounder when out there ! Wish I was still out like lake conditions

Nick

Barcrusher 610î‡

The last time I was out at the peak was a while ago on a mates boat. I remember seeing fairly large arches on the sounder around the 30 to 50 meter mark. We were fishing in about 65 to 70 meters of water. We used knife jigs, dropped them to the bottom and them started cranking. We were getting hit on almost every drop at about the 40 meter mark. Biggest one I landed went about 10 plus kg. lost some thumpers though. Exciting fishing you never know when that jig will get smashed. Since I've had my boat I've only gone out once which was last Saturday and conditions were terrible, especially for my 15 footer. On a flat day I'll defiantly try and get out there.

yeah it was definately choppy out there. Ive always heard that the peak was well known fro kings but your right put in

the hours and you should do ok. If you go to my profile/ gallery ive got a shot of one of the kings i caught from the peak.

Cheers

Daniel

Yeh I looked at that before very jealous mate ! Another good kingy ground with lives that not that far for ur boat is osbourne shoal s off cronulla caught a few there nit massive but fun

Nick

Barcrusher 610î‡

What's the bottom like out at the peak? I went out twice last year for zero, my marks are just the ones from here (FR) looked like a hard structure less bottom... But I could be in the wrong area.

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm itching to go there myself sometime. How did you get on with your sounder? I forgot to add in your other post, sometimes running the transducer cable close to wires can create noise as well. I've lifted my floor and routed mine away as much as I could.

J

Edited by J Hooked