Post your Favourite iPhone Fishing Apps

lostproperty

Hey Everyone,

Tried to search but couldn't find anything specific due to the word "iphone" appearing after every Taptalk post, so here goes.

Post up your favourite Apps that you use for fishing and what you find good about the App so I can download them all!

Currently I am using....

Weatherzone+ ($1.99 from memory but has got a free version also with limited features)

Great for predicting the weather. Has tides, moon cycles, BOM Pressure and weather predictions. Also has state warnings which is useful for checking when planning to head offshore.

GoodReader (about 5 bucks but well worth it!)

Save PDF Files to your iPhone, great for saving the Saltwater Fishing Guidelines & I also have the Tide Tables PDF from waterways saved so I can predict tide times for upcoming fishing sessions!

Guest Aussie007

navionics i have only just installed it havent used it on the water yet as a chart plotted but looks well worth the $15.99

post-3154-058590100 1338002028_thumb.jpg

+1 for navionics

Live it works great!

I use weather zone think it was 2 bucks off the top of my head and also another app called the fishing mate that app is always getting updated and has some good GPS points marked in

Navionic, I dont use it on the water but it's great to play with

World tides. It just so easy

3aad5033-5642-65ac.jpg

And fishing calendar, keeps a record of your catches, dates ect

3aad5033-568b-319a.jpg

And of course tapatalk...

Cheers Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate are those numbers water depth ??

yes it is water depth I use it all the time as a chart plotter. Even used it to navigate out to browns and nearly to heatons hill even when phone has no reception it still works. Also use a program called fishing cal it uses the sun and moon cycles and tells you how productive fishing should be. It is fairly reliable good as a guide. 79d1ae87-91e7-7501.jpg79d1ae87-91ff-2583.jpg79d1ae87-920e-f97b.jpg

Guest Aussie007

Mate are those numbers water depth ??

yeah mate those are water depth marks in meters it can be changed to foot

Guest Aussie007

for those guys who dont have a iphone and use android on there mobiles u can use googles "my tracks" found in the android market its a free app but u use around 60mb download per hour which isnt much really

Watch the navionics one as it will drain your battery very quickly. Make sure your phone is fully charged before going out fishing :wacko:

I just made a post with links to various sites that give us information - they are the ones across the top of this forum.

If you are using tapatalk

1. open tapatalk

2. open fishraider

3. go to search and type in MOBILE FISHING LINKS

4. save that search and you can go straight to that list of links

5. subscribe to that topic and it will be in your favourites list

Best I can do until some up and coming app developer contacts me to work on a fishraider app :biggrin2:- C'MON seriously make a name for yourself :1yikes:

+1 for Navionics. If your speedo is inaccurate then GPS Speed has a great accurate presentation of knots, although Navionics also displays speed. For a portable knot reference I found FishingKnots app to have really good animation.

Cheers, Bart

Flick fishing is really boring compared to real fishing... Very addictive unlike flick fishing much more realistic then other fishing games and a lot more fish species and it's possible to get spooled

Watch the navionics one as it will drain your battery very quickly. Make sure your phone is fully charged before going out fishing :wacko:

I'm taking a guess here, but its most likely due to the constant usage of the GPS.

I don't know about the other phones out there, but mine doesn't last all day with the GPS constantly in use, so charging to full won't help.

Not if you have vodafail as your carrier :P

doesn't matter which carrier I'm with vodafail and chart plotter worked nearly to heatons with no reception. But I do have reception out to shelf. Were other carriers lost it not very far out at all.